Sebastian, FL (PRWEB) March 28, 2009
The Academy of Lymphatic Studies pioneered research-based Lymphedema training in the United States in the early 90's using a traditional program that required students to spend two full weeks in an off-site, classroom training. Due to overwhelming student demand, the Academy of Lymphatic Studies changed its traditional two week certification course format to the New Accelerated Hybrid Online Program (AHOP), which requires only 11 days to complete.
It only makes sense that the Academy would pioneer a more dynamic, accelerated course format that is both student friendly and employer friendly.
Benefits of this program to the student are:
- Efficiency - Less time out of work. The New AHOP program only requires a therapist to be out of the office for 7 working days, versus 10 in the traditional program.
- Cost Savings - Often travel expenses can equal or exceed the cost of tuition for a lymphedema program. Less time off-site means less money spent on travel related expenses.
- Quality - The Academy of Lymphatic Studies has a reputation for providing students with the highest quality Lymphedema training. The new Accelerated Hybrid Online Program format enhances the quality of this course. The Academy has meticulously blended the optimal mix of online and classroom hours to provide our students with unparalleled quality of instruction.
- Family - Therapists spend less time in off-site training and more time with their families.
- Vacation - Employers often require therapists to expend vacation time in order to attend training. Less time away means more time saved for much needed vacations.
- Flexibility - Students prepare for the theoretical portion of the program using the Academy's Home Study or Online Portal.
- Convenience - The Academy now offers more classes in more locations than any other lymphedema program, allowing the student to choose which location best serves their needs. In 2009, therapists can choose from 26 different classes in 11 different cities.
How the Program Works?
1. A Student registers for a course, and specifies which method of deliver they choose to prepare for the theoretical portion of the course (Home Study or Online).
2. A package is immediately sent to the student which includes either the Home Study materials or the Online login information necessary to access the Academy's Online Portal. Students can begin studying for the theoretical portion of the course at any time.
3. The student attends the classroom portion of the curriculum in a city of their choosing. The Academy now offers classes in more US locations than any other provider. In 2009, choose from 26 different classes in 11 different cities.
Interested individuals should contact the Academy of Lymphatic Studies at 1-800-863-5935
# # #