Mentor, OH (PRWEB) March 28, 2009
Roll-Kraft is pleased to announce the release of the new Portable Hemming Unit.
Hemming units are essentially portable roll forming machines that form 180-degree hems on the edges of a flat strip of metal. Hems are primarily found on lighter gauge material to either strengthen the profile and/or improve safety, when handling.
Typically, the hems are formed before the metal strip is introduced into the roll forming mill or another forming process. Most hems are small (to reduce the amount of material required) and can be formed in four stations.
Hemming units can be configured in numerous ways, such as:
- Non-driven (pull-through)
- Driven (with overriding clutch or continuous drive)
- Mounted directly onto the existing roll former base
- Freestanding, fabricated base
- Variable product widths - "quick change"
- Single or double hem
- Custom applications
Roll-Kraft Hemming Units can be designed and built to suit almost any hem requirement.
Roll-Kraft Hemming Units are constructed using:
- Fabricated plate steel housing assemblies
- Spur gear train
- Hardened tooling spindles (overhung)
- Adjustable top spindles with micrometer dials
- Built-in material entry guide
- Hardened tool steel rollers
- Optional "quick change" width adjustment with digital indicators
Another advantage of integrating a Roll-Kraft Hemming Unit into a roll forming system is to save you money. There are numerous occasions when an existing roll forming mill does not have enough forming stations to produce a particular hemmed cross-section. Instead of purchasing a new mill or mill extension, a Roll-Kraft Hemming Unit can be an affordable solution. Also, the portability of these units allows them to be moved from mill to mill, when multiple hemmed profiles are produced.
For more information about the Portable Hemming Unit visit http://www.roll-kraft.com and click on the "R-K Quick Quote" button or on the "Contact a sales rep regarding this product" link, and submit your request.
# # #