Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) March 30, 2009
Xconomy, the authoritative online voice on the exponential economy, is pleased to announce the addition of several "Mobile Burst" sessions featuring pioneering local mobile companies to the agenda for its upcoming forum, "The Future of Mobile Innovation in New England." The event will take place on April 7, 2009 at Microsoft's New England Research and Development Center located at One Memorial Drive in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The Mobile Bursts will be comprised of brief live demonstrations of mobile applications and services from dynamic Boston-area businesses. Confirmed Mobile Burst presenters include:
- Bitstream (demonstrating its new Bolt mobile browser)
- JumpTap (demonstrating the inner workings of its mobile advertising network)
- Pongr (demonstrating its cross-platform shopping price comparison engine)
- uLocate (demonstrating the newest widgets for its "Where" location-based-services platform)
- VMware (demonstrating its new mobile virtualization platform, MVP)
Already on the agenda is a notable group of wireless industry leading visionaries, including:
- Jon Auerbach, General Partner, Charles River Ventures
- Murali Aravamudan, CEO, Veveo
- Jeff Bussgang, General Partner, Flybridge Capital Partners
- Chuck Goldman, CEO, Apperian
- Dave Grannan, CEO, Vlingo
- Jamie Hall, President, JNJ Mobile (creator of MocoSpace)
- Jason Jacobs, CEO, FitnessKeeper
- Mark Lowenstein, Managing Director, Mobile Ecosystem
- Rich Miner, Group Manager, Mobile Platforms, Google
- Ted Morgan, CEO, Skyhook Wireless
- Alex Pentland, Toshiba Professor of Media, Arts, and Sciences, MIT Media Lab
- Eswar Priyadarshan, CTO, Quattro Wireless
- Mort Rosenthal, CEO, Enterprise Mobile
The forum will examine the areas of growth and opportunity and the major challenges affecting the mobile industry in New England, including:
- With the economy in dire condition and customers demanding true value, which companies and innovations will deliver what it takes to survive the recession and thrive?
- What mobile applications and services can demonstrably improve business productivity?
- How can mobile innovation truly improve the quality of people's lives?
The full agenda for the event is at http://www.xconomy.com/boston/mobile-forum-agenda/. To register for the event, or for additional information, please go to:
Xconomy is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today's high-tech economy. Its goal is to become the authoritative voice on the exponential economy, the realm of business and innovation characterized by exponential technological growth and responsible for an increasing share of productivity and overall economic growth. It plans to deliver this valuable content through a unique global network of localized blogs, events, conferences, and other initiatives designed to better connect people and ideas.