We understand the challenges smaller merchants face every day when it comes to PCI compliance and security - we're the only security provider that has an exclusive focus on these merchants
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) March 29, 2009
ControlScan, Inc. (controlscan.com), the leading provider of PCI compliance and security solutions exclusively focused on small merchants, today announced the launch of version 2.0 of its PCI compliance offering, PCI 1-2-3. In addition to its core PCI compliance offerings, ControlScan's latest version includes a more robust Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) and features a new Policy Builder to help small merchants achieve all requirements specified in the PCI Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
"We understand the challenges smaller merchants face every day when it comes to PCI compliance and security - we're the only security provider that has an exclusive focus on these merchants," said Joan Herbig, chief executive officer, ControlScan. "Smaller merchants often lack the security background and technical resources to comply with the standard, which is why we continue to bolster our PCI compliance solutions with the specific needs of the small merchant in mind."
ControlScan's PCI 1-2-3 compliance solution, available online via a merchant portal called myControlScan.com, provides merchants with the leading tools and support necessary to analyze, remediate and validate PCI compliance, including:
- PCI 1-2-3 Self Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) - ControlScan's proprietary SAQ provides merchants with all of the tools necessary to efficiently and correctly complete the required, annual SAQ. ControlScan's PCI 1-2-3 SAQ contains highly intuitive navigation and includes a qualification step that helps merchants easily determine their Validation Types (as defined by PCI DSS, version 2.0), directing them to the applicable SAQ form. Additionally, ControlScan's SAQ includes expert help text and real-life examples which simplify and facilitate the PCI compliance process for small merchants.
- PCI 1-2-3 Scanning - ControlScan, a globally Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) certified through the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council, performs Web application (cross-site scripting, SQL injections and remote file inclusion) and network vulnerability scans for merchants that have public-facing IP addresses. ControlScan's portal provides easy-to-understand reports that detail the results of any scan, prioritize security threats in order of severity and provide detailed guidance on how to remediate any indentified vulnerabilities.
- PCI 1-2-3 Policy Builder - Small merchants can create a set of custom security policies, powered by the Unified Compliance Framework (UCF), a leading provider of IT compliance, governance and regulatory content. Policy templates are automatically generated based on the way the merchant processes payment cards, making it easy for them to comply with this specific PCI DSS requirement.
- PCI 1-2-3 Security Awareness Training - Small merchants will have access to on-demand training to learn more about PCI compliance and security best practices through ControlScan's merchant portal.
- Personal Touch Support - ControlScan's support team is staffed by professionals with expertise on PCI DSS that have years of experience working with small merchants. This allows them to provide clarification of the PCI compliance requirements for each merchant as they walk through the PCI compliance process, whether it is via online chat, email or telephone.
ControlScan's PCI 1-2-3 suite is delivered as a subscription service via the Web, so merchants are able to start their compliance efforts immediately and at a low cost that eliminates the need for investment in implementation efforts and additional equipment.
"We are very excited about the latest release of our PCI 1-2-3 solution," said Herbig. "We've focused on making our offering the most robust and easy-to-use solution for small merchants. Our primary goal is to help small merchants successfully complete the PCI compliance process and, most importantly, maintain a high security posture."
About the PCI Compliance Provider ControlScan:
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, ControlScan is the leading provider of Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance and security solutions designed exclusively for small- to medium-sized e-commerce and retail merchants, which make up 98% of all merchants. ControlScan provides easy-to-use Web-based security solutions and a personal level of service that make it easy and cost-effective for these businesses to analyze, remediate and validate compliance. The company's core offerings are complemented by a number of value-added products that help merchants maintain a high security posture and market their achievements to shoppers, most notably Breach Protection insurance and Verified Secure security seals. ControlScan is the solution of choice for small merchants and acquirers because it offers security solutions that are built specifically with the small merchant in mind, a personal level of service and the best results. Acquirers and other merchant service providers rely on ControlScan to manage PCI compliance programs for their entire merchant portfolios to ensure maximum compliance rates. For more information about ControlScan call 1-800-825-3301 or visit controlscan.com.