Redondo Beach, CA (PRWEB) March 31, 2009
The Cockroach Media Label Group will take over worldwide sales and marketing support duties for a handful of select up and coming Punk and Experimental music labels, including ZODIAC KILLER RECORDS, DC-JAM RECORDS, LONGSHOT RECORDS and FIVECORE RECORDS. "It's my job to bring all of these labels together as one powerhouse group with the clout and leverage needed to take their business to the next level" says Jimmy White, CRM's President and CEO. Mr. White went on to say "the challenges facing most indie labels in the current environment are from a lack of knowledge about global distribution, and a misunderstanding of how to best work with your distribution companies around the world… that, and being a small fish in a big pond". Jimmy White comes from a 20 plus years of Major and Indie distribution experience. "I speak indie distribution fluently" jokes White. He goes on to say "Together we're a much bigger fish with many more global opportunities available to us". White has spent most of the last decade working directly with independent music retailers in the U.S.
The group has chosen Burnside Distribution Corporation (BDC) for their U.S. and limited International distribution, and Sonic Rendezvous in Amsterdam for parts of Europe. CRM is currently in talks with distributors in the U.K., Germany, Australia, Canada and Japan. All interested distributors are invited to inquire via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), or through the group's website (http://www.cockroachmedia.com). All interested U.S. retail and distribution outlets are invited to contact BDC directly (http://www.bdcdistribution.com ).
The labels have already started to collaborate on various recording and tour projects, including the DC-Jam Skate Rock '09 tour with Frontside Five, Minus-One and others. The tour kicks off later this month in Denver, and will continue through April with 27 dates throughout the Western U.S. "All of the labels bring a unique vision and talent to the party" says White. "The chemistry between them has been amazing so far… the quality of creativity has been through the roof".
NEW RELEASE HIGHLITES:
- Various Artists "Drink, Fight, Fuck Vol.3" (CD) April 21st
- The Hitchhikers "Intellectual Properties Of The Minimal Mind" (CD) April 21st
- Various Artists "Drink, Fight, Fuck Vol.3" (Double Colored LP) May 19th
- Various Artists "DC-Jam Skate Rock Vol. 1" (Double CD) May 19th
- GG Allin "GG Allin & The Carolina Shitkickers" (Colored 7") May 19th
- Frontside Five "No Pegs" (CD) & "Fall Out Of Line" (CD) May 19th
- McRad & Frontside Five "50/50 Split" (CD) May 19th
- The Dwarves & Royce Cracker "Split" (Colored 7") June 16th
- The Candy Snatchers "The Candy Snatchers" (Colored 7") June 16th
- Electric Frankenstein "Burn Bright, Burn Fast" (CD) June 16th
- The Super Suckers & Hooked On Southern Speed " Split 10" Christmas EP" (10" Colored Vinyl) July 21st
- McRad "Never Ending" (CD) Summer 2009
- JFA / TBD (CD & Colored LP) Summer 2009
- Government Issue / TBD (CD5 & Colored 7") Summer 2009
- Fishbone / TBD (CD) September, 2009
- Bob Wayne & The Outlaw Carnies / "Blood To Dust", "Driven By Demons", "13 Truckin' Songs" (LP Trilogy on 200 Gram & Colored Vinyl featuring original art by Dirty Donny)
Cockroach Media Label Group