Given the Obama administration's focus on driving renewable solutions throughout various industries, PureTemp is right on the mark
Minneapolis, Minnesota (PRWEB) April 28, 2009
Mom was right: veggies are good for you. What she didn't know was that vegetable byproducts can reduce home energy usage by 30 percent, provide protection for police and military officers working in extreme heat and keep pharmaceuticals at a consistent temperature during shipment.
It's true. PureTempTM, launched today by Minneapolis-based Entropy Solutions, is a specially engineered vegetable oil derivative that controls temperatures to extremes - as cold as dry ice, as hot as coffee- for extended periods of time. PureTemp is the world's first and only 100 percent renewable, biodegradable and environmentally friendly material to answer age-old issues concerning temperature control and maintenance.
PureTemp, available in liquid, micro-encapsulated and macro-encapsulated forms, has myriad applications in the shipping, construction, textile, healthcare and energy industries - anywhere strict temperature control is required.
"PureTemp, when used in conjunction with our biopcmTM product, has shown to reduce energy usage in homes and commercial buildings," said Alex Chaffetz, president of Phase Change Energy Solutions, based in Asheboro, N.C. "We performed countless tests trying to find the optimal material, and those tests confirmed the superior performance of PureTemp to help keep a structure at a more consistent temperature throughout the day, improving energy efficiency and providing the construction industry with arguably the only true 'green' technology available today."
"We use PureTemp to 'power' our Cool VestTM products, which keep military and police personnel at a comfortable temperature when working in intensely hot environments," said Ray Booska, president of Glacier Tek, Inc., based in West Melbourne, Fla. "PureTemp enables our Chilly DogTM vest to do the same for working dogs who must stay cool to maintain a sharp sense of smell."
Entropy Solutions' own GREENBOXTM Thermal Management System, a reusable shipper designed to transport temperature-sensitive pharmaceuticals, biologics and blood products, also uses PureTemp as its "secret sauce" in maintaining the box's payload temperature for more than five days.
PureTemp can also be used in the following ways:
- Residential and commercial construction materials, such as insulation, flooring, ceiling tiles or HVAC systems, can all incorporate PureTemp. In public utility testing, PureTemp has been shown to reduce a structure's energy costs by as much as 30 percent.
- PureTemp can help icy surfaces from forming on sidewalks, bridges and roads.
- The GREENBOXTM Thermal Management System, GREENBOX Inflater Pack and GREENBOX Pallet Shipper, all manufactured by Entropy Solutions, use PureTemp to keep payloads at a consistent temperature for unprecedented periods of time.
- Apparel, footwear and outdoor gear can all be created with PureTemp, which will keep a person warmer or cooler based on personal preference.
- PureTemp "powers" cooling vests worn by Olympic athletes, which bring body temperature to optimal levels prior to or immediately following competition.
- Similarly, PureTemp can be used in vests designed for breast cancer patients, providing necessary cooling after radiation treatments.
- In hospital care, micro-encapsulated PureTemp in bed sheets and mattress pads can help facilitate blood flow in bedridden patients.
- In organ transplant procedures, PureTemp ensures vital organs make it from one hospital to another at the perfect temperature.
- PureTemp can be used in more efficient temperature control in batteries and electronics, evaporative swamp coolers, water heaters or tanks for geothermal storage.
- PureTemp can be incorporated into thermal coffee mugs that cool contents to a drinkable temperature quickly, and keep it there for hours.
- In serving dishes for catering or in-home use, PureTemp can keep hot or cold foods at an appropriate temperature for long periods of time.
"Given the Obama administration's focus on driving renewable solutions throughout various industries, PureTemp is right on the mark," said Eric Lindquist, president of Entropy Solutions. "We believe PureTemp has the potential to positively impact every aspect of a person's life - from the sheets you sleep in, to the car you drive, to the office building you work in - all the while, protecting the environment and providing economic opportunity to America's farmers."
The science behind PureTemp
PureTemp's patented and proprietary formulation works by absorbing and releasing otherwise-wasted surrounding ambient energy, providing the ability to hold specific temperature ranges for long periods of time. Tests performed by the USDA and analyses completed by Independent Life-Cycle and BEES® have resulted in PureTemp being listed in the USDA BioPreferredTM directory as the only "green" choice in the Heat Transfer Fluid category.
PureTemp is a "phase change material," meaning it has the ability to change "phases" (for example, liquid to solid or solid to liquid) between set temperatures - anywhere between 40°F and 160°F. During the process of liquefying and solidifying within a set temperature range, phase change materials absorb, store and release large amounts of energy. These natural properties of latent heat energy help maintain a product's or structure's temperature and buffer it from temperature swings. PCMs recharge as ambient (outdoor) temperatures fluctuate, making them ideal for a multitude of everyday applications.
For more information
To learn more about PureTemp, please visit http://www.entropysolutionsinc.com.
About Entropy Solutions, Inc.
Entropy Solutions, Inc. is a thermal technology development company with its global headquarters based in Minneapolis. The company's mission is to provide renewable, innovative, cost-effective, temperature-controlled solutions for the shipping, construction, textile, healthcare and alternative energy industries. Entropy Solutions' GREENBOX technology is an innovative and next-generation passive thermal breakthrough in highly efficient shipping containers, intended for cold chain operations. Using PureTempTM renewable phase change technology, GREENBOX is capable of maintaining narrow temperature ranges for record durations, while reducing packaging waste.