Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) April 1, 2009
RCadvisor.com has just released a new model airplane design book. Easily build and fly your very own model airplane design. Using clear explanations, the reader learns about important design trade-offs and how to make the right decisions.
All Reviewers are Raving
This is what Greg Gimlick, Electrics columnist of Model Aviation magazine, had to say:
"This book is a joy to read! The writing style and wit add dimension in a way that is rarely found in today's reference materials. If someone has considered designing their own airplane and been put off because of complicated formulas, vocabulary and reference style that would bore even an engineer, this will convince them to go ahead and try it. Written with real people in mind and not engineers - and I mean that in a good way. This is a book that will reside along the other favorites on my bookshelf. Carlos really managed to produce a book that will last a long time and become one of the standards for modelers."
- When it makes sense to use one of the innovative KFm airfoils.
- The latest research and techniques are explained in clear language.
- The special challenges faced by the smaller models and how to overcome them.
- Easy rules for selecting the right power system.
- Pros and cons of canard and multi-wing configurations.
- How to choose the right material for each part of the airplane.
- A step-by-step design process that includes goal setting and flight testing.
- In-depth discussions of important topics like airfoils and wing design.
- The sources of air drag and how to minimize their impact.
The book is available now from http://www.RCadvisor.com and online bookstores such as Amazon.com.
The book is just $19.95. All direct orders are autographed. For a limited time book orders get free shipping in the United States.
The book and a one year subscription to RCadvisor's calculator is just $29.95. That is a $10 discount over the regular price. This subscription unlocks the EZ Optimizer and all the other advanced calculator features.
RCadvisor's goal is to help individuals design and build better flying model aircraft through the use of an advanced online model airplane calculator. Founding RCadvisor.com in 2007, Carlos Reyes has had lifelong love affairs with airplanes and computers. He holds a Private Pilot-Glider Certificate from the FAA and has enjoyed flying model airplanes his entire life. A Computer Science degree from Columbia University and 25 years of computer programming experience prepared him well to tackle programming the calculator.
Title: RCadvisor's Model Airplane Design Made Easy
Subtitle: The Simple Guide to Designing R/C Model Aircraft or Build Your Own Radio Control Flying Model Plane
Paperback: 208 pages
Publisher: RCadvisor.com (January 28, 2009)
2200 Elizabeth St NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112-3037