Portland, Ore. (PRWEB) April 2, 2009
Information Display Company (IDC) today announced new lower cost pricing for upgrades to its complete line of radar speedcheck signs. The lower pricing will make it easier for school districts, city governments and other users to upgrade existing speedcheck displays with features and capabilities that expand their functionality and ease-of-use.
Proven to be a highly effective traffic-calming tool, radar speedcheck signs display the speed of passing cars, reminding drivers to focus on posted speed limits. Over the past several years, advances in technology and design have allowed Information Display Company to develop new display accessories that further enhance the usability, effectiveness and value of the traffic-calming signs.
"It's clear that the current economy has resulted in reduced budgets for many school districts, local governments and other loyal customers," said Gary ODell, president of Information Display Company. "It is our hope that the temporary new pricing will make it easier for our existing customers to implement the safety programs they need."
Some IDC speedcheck sign upgrades include:
- Scheduler - users can schedule the on/off operating times of the electronic display and any external devices attached. The sign can also be programmed to automatically switch to the proper speed in school zones and other places where the legal speed limit may vary depending upon the time of day or day of the week.
- TrafficAnalyzer™ - captures key information regarding vehicle average speeds, 85th percentile speeds and other data essential for monitoring traffic speed statistical data. Information obtained through TrafficAnalyzer provides a simple way to evaluate the effectiveness of traffic calming measures.
- DisplayManager™ - users can manage multiple displays wirelessly either at individual sites using a hand-held PDA or from a central office using a desktop computer.
- Flashers - an auxiliary set of lights mounted above or below the speedcheck sign that flash on and off when a driver reaches a preset rate of speed.
- Slow Down Message - the words "SLOW DOWN" can be displayed in red or amber for areas where more traffic calming emphasis is important.
Other upgrades include, solar power packages, and QuickChange™ Brackets. All upgrades are now available to current Information Display Company customers at a 20% discount through June 30, 2009.
For the past 15 years, Information Display Company has played a leading role in designing, testing and manufacturing radar speedcheck signs. Today, their traffic-calming radar speed signs are used in school zones, neighborhoods, rural roadways, work zones and other locations where driver and pedestrian safety is paramount. For more information, visit http://www.informationdisplay.com or call (800) 421-8325.