Our information sessions provide families with the opportunity to view our curriculum, speak with teachers, ask questions of other parents who have chosen Connections Academy, and learn more about the unique resources available through our virtual public school.
SAN CLEMENTE, CA (PRWEB) April 1, 2009 -
Capistrano Connections Academy (CapoCA), a leading high-quality, highly accountable K-12 virtual public school, is opening enrollment for the 2009-10 school year on April 1, 2009. CapoCA is offering parents and students the opportunity to learn more about the virtual public school via hands-on information sessions that showcase the virtual learning program. Now in its fifth year of operation, CapoCA serves K-12 students that reside in Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties.
CapoCA's program delivers an academically rigorous, personalized education that combines state-certified teachers, a print-rich curriculum, technology tools, and community experiences to create a supportive and successful learning environment.
"Capistrano Connections Academy offers an alternative for children who are ahead or behind in the classroom, those who want more individualized instruction, or have situations that would benefit from a flexible school schedule," said Dr. Jonathan Horowitz, principal of Capistrano Connections Academy. "Our information sessions provide families with the opportunity to view our curriculum, speak with teachers, ask questions of other parents who have chosen Connections Academy, and learn more about the unique resources available through our virtual public school."
Attending parents will become familiar with the school - its technology and curriculum - and the family's role in the education process. Attendees will also learn how to organize the home and school day for the most effective learning environment and how to balance time when there is more than one child enrolled in the program.
Additionally, families will learn about CapoCA field trips and other peer-oriented activities, like the Chess Club, that allow students and parents across the state to interact in social and educational settings.
Southern California information sessions are planned for communities in the following counties:
Los Angeles County
- Long Beach: April 20 - 6:30 p.m., Best Western Golden Sails Hotel, 6285 E. Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, CA 90803
- Los Angeles: April 21 - 6:30 p.m., Westside Conference Center, Pepperdine University, 6100 Center Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90045
- Burbank: April 22 - 6:30 p.m., Coast Anabelle Hotel, 2011 W. Olive Ave., Burbank, CA 91506
- Avalon: April 23 - 6:30 p.m., Catalina Bible Church, 346 Catalina St., Avalon, CA 90704
- Studio City: April 28 - 6:30 p.m., Sportsmen's Lodge Hotel, 12833 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, CA 91604
- Palmdale: May 5 - 6:30 p.m., Residence Inn, 514 W. Rancho Vista Blvd., Palmdale, CA 93551
- South El Monte: June 2 - 6:30 p.m., Ramada, 1089 Santa Anita Ave., South El Monte, CA 91733
- Pasadena: June 3 - 6:30 p.m., Holiday Inn Express, 3500 E. Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91107
San Diego County
- Oceanside: April 9 - 6:30 p.m., Best Western Oceanside Inn, 1680 Oceanside Blvd., Oceanside, CA 92054
- San Diego: May 14 - 6:30 p.m., Courtyard by Marriott, 11611 Bernardo Plaza Ct., San Diego, CA 92128
- San Diego: May 21 - 6:30 p.m., Holiday Inn Mission Valley Stadium, 3805 Murphy Canyon Rd., San Diego, CA 92123
- San Clemente: April 7 - 6:30 p.m., Capistrano Connections Academy, 1211 Puerta del Sol, Suite 220, San Clemente, CA 92673
- Fullerton: April 14 - 6:30 p.m., Hunt Branch Library, 201 S. Basque Ave., Fullerton, CA 92833
- Mission Viejo: April 15 - 6:30 p.m., Norman P. Murray Community and Senior Center, 24932 Veterans Way, Mission Viejo, CA 92692
- Costa Mesa: June 4 - 6:30 p.m., Residence Inn, 881 Baker St., Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Hemet: April 1 - 6:30 p.m., Quality Inn 1201, W. Florida Ave., Hemet, CA 92543
- Corona: April 2 - 6:30 p.m., Ayres Inn and Suites Corona West, 1900 Frontage Rd., Corona, CA 92882
- Riverside: April 16 - 6:30 p.m., Courtyard by Marriott, 1510 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92507
- Palm Springs: May 5 - 6:30 p.m., Spa Resort and Casino, 100 N. Indian Canyon Dr., Palm Springs, CA 92262
San Bernardino County
- Big Bear Lake: April 20 - 4:00 p.m., Best Western, 42200 Moonridge Rd., Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
- San Bernardino: May 11 - 6:30 p.m., Country Inn, 450 North G Street, San Bernardino, CA 92410
- Hesperia: May 12 - 6:30 p.m., Holiday Inn Express, 9750 Keypointe Ave., Hesperia, CA 92345
- Redlands: May 18 - 6:30 p.m., Country Inn and Suites, 1650 Industrial Park Ave., Redlands, CA 92374
- Ontario: May 19 - 6:30 p.m., Country Side Suites, 204 N. Vineyard Ave., Ontario, CA 91764
Reservations for the information sessions are not required, but can be made online. There are also a number of virtual information sessions that can be attended via the Internet.
CapoCA is authorized under state law by the Capistrano Unified School District, so there is no tuition charged to parents. For more information about attending an information session in your area or for more information on Connections Academy, visit http://www.connectionsacademy.com or call 1-800-382-6010.
About Connections Academy®
Connections Academy is a leading national provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual public schools in fourteen states operated in partnership with charter schools, school districts, and state departments of education. Connections Academy schools deliver top quality, personalized education for students that combines certified teachers, a proven curriculum, technology tools, and community experiences to create a supportive and successful environment for children who want an individualized approach to education. In Connections Academy's Personalized Performance Learning(R) approach, students use daily lesson plans and curriculum materials provided by Connections Academy. Teachers develop a learning plan for each student, whose progress is tracked through a proprietary, web-based Learning Management System. In 2008-2009 Connections Academy will serve students in Arizona, California (Southern and Central), Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Minnesota, Missouri (through the Missouri Virtual Instruction Program), Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas and Wisconsin. Connections Academy offers grades K through 12, though some schools do not offer all grades. For more information, call 800-382-6010 or visit http://www.ConnectionsAcademy.com.