Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 15, 2009
MedCurrent Corporation, a provider of physician practice management solutions, announced the newest release of MedCurrent Verify™, a Web-based insurance eligibility verification tool. Medical practices use MedCurrent Verify to connect to databases from more than 350 US-based insurance carriers to secure real-time patient coverage information. By improving eligibility verification processes, MedCurrent Verify helps speed insurance workflow, improve claim submission accuracy, and optimize reimbursement.
MedCurrent Verify's new version adds these features:
- Specialty templates that deliver radiology-specific eligibility information first, eliminating the need for time-consuming scrolling. Other specialty templates will be available in coming months.
- A new methodology for capturing data from insurer databases, providing users with the most complete and comprehensive eligibility information possible.
- Expansion of the transaction list to 250, allowing users to see transactions over multiple days. This provides financial staff with adequate time to manage financial planning prior to a study being conducted.
- Incorporation of all CORE fields, a new eligibility technical standard.
- New icons that make it easier for users to quickly identify pertinent results and see warning messages with more detailed information, as well as new capability to specify session length, and functionality to set automatic log-outs.
- More integration capabilities that allow OEM customers using C++ and COM to easily integrate insurance verification into their product offering. This adds to the existing web service toolkit functionality that is already available to system integrators and OEMs.
"MedCurrent Verify's new features extend capabilities for our customers to automate insurance workflow, eliminate errors that result in denied claims, and speed collections to improve cash flow," said Steve Herman, MD, MedCurrent President. "Today's imaging centers struggle with DRA fallout, as well as higher insurance deductibles, co-insurance and co-pays. To ensure viability, these practices must increase volume while decreasing costs. MedCurrent Verify streamlines many front-end business office tasks by providing accurate information about a patient's coverage prior to his or her appointment."
Healthcare providers use MedCurrent Verify™ to submit individual or multiple patient requests to insurance carriers through the Web. Within seconds, they receive an easy-to-read report with coverage confirmation, co-pay and deductible information, and an overview of patient data errors so records can be corrected before future claim submission. With this information, the practice can discuss and address coverage issues with the patient or insurer before an appointment is scheduled or a procedure is performed.
MedCurrent offers per-transaction pricing, eliminating upfront capital investment and providing monthly cash flow flexibility. As stand-alone software, MedCurrent Verify can be downloaded onto a Microsoft Windows operating system (98 SE, 2000, XP, Vista.) MedCurrent also offers a toolkit for practice management and HIS/RIS system vendors to embed online insurance eligibility verification functionality into their solutions.
A free trial of MedCurrent Verify is available at http://www.medcurrent.com, with links to four insurance carriers of trial users' choice for eight real-time patient insurance verifications.
About MedCurrent Corporation
MedCurrent is a provider of Web-based insurance eligibility verification tools that link healthcare providers with insurance carriers to enable real-time patient insurance verification. This automates patient eligibility verification and enables providers to increase revenue by speeding claims processing and reducing denied claims due to inaccurate patient information. More information is available at http://www.medcurrent.com.
5757 W. Century Blvd., Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90045
# # #