New York (PRWEB) April 7, 2009
RFID Journal, the world's leading media and events company focused on radio frequency identification, has unveiled the final lineup for its flagship event, RFID Journal LIVE! 2009. This year's event, its seventh annual, will be held on Apr. 27-29, 2009, at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, in Orlando, Fla., and will feature more than 50 end-user case studies--the most in the conference's history.
"There has never been a greater collection of end users sharing their RFID knowledge and experiences in one place," said Mark Roberti, RFID Journal's founder and editor. "This is a unique opportunity for companies to come and learn from those already using RFID to reduce costs in the short term, as well as enhance their long-term competitiveness."
RFID Journal LIVE! has become the world's premier RFID event, because it offers attendees real value in terms of high-level content and the opportunity to see the latest RFID products and services from more than 170 leading RFID companies. The case studies presented this year cover many industries, including aerospace, apparel, consumer packaged goods, defense, food, government, health care, logistics, manufacturing, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, retail and others.
Among the end users presenting case studies at LIVE! 2009 will be:
- Abbott--David Ulrich (temperature monitoring)
- American Apparel--Zander Livingston (merchandise management)
- Bank of America--William Conroy (data center asset tracking)
- Boeing--Charles Fletcher (logistics management)
- BP--Curt Smith (asset optimization)
- Cascade Engineering--Westley MacAllister (waste management)
- Cephalon--Randy Bradway and Brian Brown (drug tracking)
- Conair/USAID--Paul Arguin and John Mayorek (item-level retail compliance)
- Continental Automotive Systems US--Gokhan Sarpkaya (parts management)
- Costa View Farms--Larry Pietrowski (animal tracking)
- DePuy (a division of Johnson & Johnson)--Dave Johnson (shipping accuracy)
- Florida State Attorney's Office--Dan Zinn (file tracking)
- H.D. Smith--Ron Hoelzer (e-pedigree creation)
- H&M Bay--John Walker (temperature monitoring)
- John Deere & Co.--Jeffrey Knutsen (tracking work-in-process)
- Kimberly-Clark--Scott Buss (yard management)
- Matiq--Geir Vevle (food traceability)
- McKesson--Ron Bone (distribution management)
- Monsanto--William Schulz (supply chain optimization)
- NYK Line--Naotaka Ishizawa (logistics management)
- Providence Health Care Systems--Ray Lowe (asset tracking)
- Purdue Pharma--Harry Ramsey (counterfeit deterrence)
- Salt Lake County Library Services--Gretchen Freeman (library management)
- Schneider Electric--Dr. Fabrice Roudet (asset tracking in harsh environments)
- Siemens--Brian L. Moran (managing construction equipment and material)
- Southern Co.--Wm. Keith Hodnet (worker safety)
- St. Elizabeth Medical Center--Halsey Bagg (inventory optimization)
- U.S. Defense Logistics Agency--Mark Lieberman (supply chain management)
- U.S. Navy--Robert Bacon (supply chain management)
- U.S. Transportation Command--Dave Dias (supply chain management)
- Vail Resorts--Robert Urwiler (improving the customer experience)
For a full list of case studies being presented at RFID Journal LIVE! 2009, please visit http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/live.
"It's clear, from the number of industries represented and the number of applications, that RFID is a technology that can deliver value to almost every company," Roberti said. "In these challenging times, this event represents a rare opportunity to learn how to use a powerful new technology to streamline business processes and enhance efficiencies."
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and in-depth information regarding radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information regarding vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision makers worldwide--in print, online, and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit http://www.rfidjournal.com.