A little encouragement never hurt anyone
Hamilton, ON (PRWEB) April 7, 2009
Camp season is upon us once again, a glorious time for kids to reunite with old friends, make new friends, and enjoy the multitude of activities camp has to offer.
Mabel's Labels is here to help get kids organized for a summer away with the Camp Pack Combo. Mabel's Labels can help kids easily identify belongings this summer with this special array of personalized sticky labels, clothing labels, shoe labels and bag tags...and now parents can make sure camp trunks come home as heavy as when they sent them off! The money families will save on replacement gear will let parents send more care packages to their little ones while they're off exploring the world of summer camp.
The Camp Pack offers:
- 15 Sticky Labels, durable and practical labels. Dishwasher-safe.
- 40 Iron-Ons or 50 Tag Mates™, a choice of iron-on labels that will adhere to almost any fabric OR peel and stick labels for the tags on clothing that that do not require any ironing or sewing. Laundry safe.
- 8 Shoe Labels, worn on the inside sole, these labels will outlast the shoe itself.
- 2 Bag Tags, sturdy metal tags one can attach to camp packs to help quickly differentiate whose bag is whose.
- Special Colors Available: Standard; Princess; Ocean.
The Camp Pack is available online for only $34 at http://www.mabel.ca.
- View downloadable Camp Pack Combo images here.
Expert Camp Packer Julie Cole from Mabel's Labels offers these tips:
- Order Early: "Because custom labels have to be shipped and can't be bought in stores, due to their very nature, make sure to order early so as to have them for the start of camp," says Cole.
- Work As a Team: Label and pack all items going to camp together with your child. "It's important kids know what they're bringing to camp in the first place so they can take a mental inventory," says Cole who also lets her kids decide where they want the labels placed on items. "If you involve them in the labeling and packing process then they become part of the solution and not part of the problem."
- Label Everything!: "Toothbrushes, cameras, prescription medicine, sporting equipment, shampoo bottles, flashlights, jackets, rubber boots, running shoes, hats, towels, sunscreen, backpacks, swimming goggles, t-shirts, bug repellant, water bottles, asthma inhalers...," Cole says leave no item left unlabeled.
- Tell It Like It Is: Let your child know that their property is valuable and that there are consequences to not taking care of it. "I tell my kids, if they lose their favourite sneakers or new camera that they won't get a new one."
- Be Positive: "A little encouragement never hurt anyone," says Cole. "I let my kids know that I trust them and that I know they'll do great." She adds, "And really, that's the best I can do."
About Mabel's Labels:
Four Hamilton, Ontario moms started Mabel's Labels when they got tired of their children losing their belongings or getting them mixed up with their friends'. They decided to create durable and fun labels that would help organize everyday life. Today they continue to come up with innovative new ways to label everything from clothing to containers, for children and adults alike. They have also expanded to include kids' stationery sets. The company has been widely recognized for accomplishments of its owners as well as its products, including winning the 2007 SavvyMom "Mompreneur of the Year" Award and an award by Baby Gizmo. Mabel's Labels sells its products online at http://www.mabel.ca or by phone at 1-866-30-MABEL (62235). The company also distributes through camps, child care centers and school fundraising drives.
# # #