We at InfoSec understand the difficult situation of balancing expenditures with getting the job done. That's why we've come up with our own economic stimulus package aimed at helping you - our mainframe customers - continue to get the tasks accomplished in an economically feasible manner.
Centreville, VA (Vocus) April 8, 2009
InfoSec, Inc. today announced that it is offering a mainframe services stimulus package to address the shortage of talent and budget dollars in this critical economic climate. The package is a two-pronged approach to offering mainframe clients access to skills they need at a reduced rate.
Robert Fake, President of InfoSec stated “We've been involved with mainframes and mainframe services since 1978 and contrary to what all the doomsayer's said, mainframes haven't disappeared as everyone thought they would. They still process 70+% of all the worlds’ business data and still do most of the "heavy lifting" in our organizations.”
“We at InfoSec understand the difficult situation of balancing expenditures with getting the job done. That's why we've come up with our own economic stimulus package aimed at helping you - our mainframe customers - continue to get the tasks accomplished in an economically feasible manner.”
For a limited time, InfoSec is offering clients a 30% discount off of standard hourly rates for the following two areas:
1) Provide customers with access to Subject Matter Experts (SME's) so they have the expertise they need, but do it at a fraction of the cost of an FTE. InfoSec's Service Retainer Program (SRP) does just that. For a nominal cost, you can have access to a mainframe SME for up to 10 hours per month (or more if desired). These SME's can assist with planning, troubleshooting, administration tasks, installs, upgrades and more.
This innovative program from InfoSec offers our clients a value-added, reliable and cost-effective method of supporting, maintaining and administering their mainframe environments while maximizing their return on investment. To meet the critical requirements of our clients, InfoSec provides an experienced mainframe technologist who will work with the client’s team on an as-needed basis, providing system level expertise when needed to augment the client’s requirements.
Whether addressing a backlog of tasks or filling a specific skill need, InfoSec’s mainframe experts will be there to fill in the gaps as needed. Clients have discovered that having an InfoSec mainframe expert available remotely allows for the cost effective addition of technical resources without the need to budget money and space for full time employees.
With our expertise in mainframe systems and working with client staff, our client’s technology investment is protected, extending the value of mainframe technologies and increasing the ROI of those systems. This results in clients maximizing the efficiency, productivity, and reliability of their mainframe software environment.
The InfoSec technicians develop a strong relationship with our clients and a high degree of understanding of their mainframe configuration. Depending on client needs, our consultants may:
- Provide remote support via telephone and/or email as needed by the client;
- Be on-site as needed;
- Review current mainframe operating environment(s);
- Validate current version and release levels for all mainframe software products;
- Develop roadmap for any maintenance that needs to be accomplished;
- Recommend features/functions of technology that are not in use currently;
- Provide knowledge transfer to client staff as needed;
- Provide daily or weekly system status updates.
InfoSec’s mainframe service retainer offering demonstrates our commitment to our clients by helping to ensure the success of their organization. This program positions InfoSec to deliver unparalleled value in the management of our client’s mainframe infrastructure.
2) Provide financially economical mainframe services to our clients in this tough economic climate. InfoSec provides a broad spectrum of mainframe services including:
- CA Top Secret, CA ACF2 and IBM RACF security expertise for conversions, consolidation and administration;
- Audit and Compliance services including DoD STIG, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA and review, planning and remediation;
- Systems programming services;
- Workload management services;
- Output management services;
- Performance and tuning services;
- CA Datacom/DB, CA IDMS and IBM DB2 expertise.
Fake continued “In these troubled economic times, we are facing tough decisions regarding how we spend our money. Yet - we still have businesses to run, processing to accomplish and stake-holders to report to. In other words, we still have a job to do.”
InfoSec, headquartered in Centreville, VA was formed in 1998 as a mainframe services consulting firm. It provides high-quality mainframe software and services that help organizations increase operational efficiency, improve compliance and reduce costs.
InfoSec, Inc. is a leader in providing specialized products and services to professionals responsible for large-scale information systems and security. InfoSec is a long time premier service partner with CA, focusing on the service of CA’s mainframe security technology as well as providing all facets of mainframe related services from operating system upgrades to 3rd party software support. InfoSec offers the finest available expertise for supporting the IBM z/OS, VM and VSE environments. Key traits of InfoSec offerings are their conciseness, effectiveness and high quality.
Product names shown are trademarks of their respective companies.