For example, the ability to provide reports that our Regulatory Oversight Team can use to drive system improvements is critical and is provided by Quantros
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 10, 2009 -
Quantros Inc., a leading provider of software safety and quality solutions for the healthcare industry, will work with Banner Health using the Accreditation and Compliance Excellence Solution (ACE™) to coordinate, integrate and manage standards compliance through automation. Banner Health has 22 hospitals in seven states and admits more than 234,000 patients annually.
Quantros ACE is a web-based, real-time performance solution built to manage readiness compliance across any healthcare organization. Fully automated, ACE offers a wealth of reporting and analysis functions designed to drive continuous readiness while reducing survey management costs by at least 30 percent and decreasing administrative burden.
One of the most significant challenges Banner faced when selecting a compliance and accreditation solution was the need to support multiple facilities in multiple locations, said Sandy Severson, senior director of Quality Management at Banner Health. In selecting ACE, the organization compared available compliance systems and determined that Quantros ACE could accommodate the diversity of the organization and support its rigorous compliance efforts, she added.
"We really needed to automate our compliance tracking efforts," said Severson. "Quantros has provided us with an intuitive application so we can manage on an ongoing basis, instead of every three years. The ability to assign and track reviews and their completion in Quantros ACE and then have access to that data will also be beneficial," she said.
Severson also explained the need for healthcare providers to choose vendors who are partners in quality and understand the health system's needs. "For example, the ability to provide reports that our Regulatory Oversight Team can use to drive system improvements is critical and is provided by Quantros," she said.
In choosing Quantros, Banner felt a sense of security knowing that the company would provide continued support. In addition, Banner was seeking a software solution that would support Banner's philosophy of quality through best practices shared throughout all of the hospitals and related providers.
The Quantros ACE solution has the following features:
- One repository to store data collected for tracers, NPSGs and the Joint Commission required monitoring
- Automatically updated performance standards
- Pre-Built audit template library, as well as audit creation ability
- Unit based, decentralized data collection process, with tracking of completion
- Ability to monitor compliance against multiple accreditation and regulatory bodies
- Multiple views of performance and tasks
- Robust reporting and Integrated Scorecards
Quantros provides real-time knowledge creation solutions for benchmarking, patient safety, accreditation and compliance, and outcomes monitoring for leading healthcare providers, payers, and pharmaceutical manufacturers. Quantros' web-delivered applications provide a standard platform for automating resource intensive manual processes. Through a variety of direct sales and vendor partners, more than 2,000 hospitals are licensed to use Quantros' web-based technology solutions.
Quantros team members include physicians, nurses and healthcare professionals. We are a healthcare information management technology company with a difference; our key product decisions are driven by experts in healthcare quality and performance improvement, safety, compliance, risk management and nursing.
Quantros website: http://www.quantros.com
About Banner Health:
Banner Health at a Glance
The organization is one of the largest nonprofit hospital systems in the country.
- Operates in seven states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Nebraska, Nevada and Wyoming.
- Has 22 hospitals and health care facilities.
- Offers physician services, hospice and home care.
- Is based in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Provides more than $64 million a year in charity care.
- Is the leading healthcare provider in all the communities that we serve.
- Is nationally recognized for our patient-safety efforts.
- Employ more than 35,000 people
- Admits more than 234,000 patients to its hospitals every year.
- Delivers more than 34,000 babies and treats more than 605,000 people a year in the Emergency departments.
Banner Health website: http://www.bannerhealth.com/