Obviously, celebrating this landmark anniversary brings all of us at LifeCare a great deal of pride and satisfaction but it does something else that's important
Shelton, CT (PRWEB) April 9, 2009
LifeCare®, Inc. announced today that April 4 marked the company's 25th anniversary as one of the nation's leading providers of health and productivity solutions for employers, health plans, government agencies and unions. LifeCare's business model has evolved significantly during its 25 years and the company is now recognized as a premier provider of total health and productivity solutions that help organizations reduce costs and lost productivity.
In conjunction with its anniversary, LifeCare will launch a newly redesigned public web site (http://www.lifecare.com) in mid-April that will deliver powerful new features, improved navigation and more streamlined access to information. The site's enhancements also better reflect the company's evolution as a full-service provider of health and productivity solutions and its ongoing commitment to delivering the best possible user experience to clients, partners, the media and other key audiences.
The enhanced site will provide easier access to the latest LifeCare news, reports and white papers, featured products and services, informative video clips, client success stories and more. In addition, LifeCare members will be able to conveniently access the company's private site from the new home page.
"Obviously, celebrating this landmark anniversary brings all of us at LifeCare a great deal of pride and satisfaction but it does something else that's important," said LifeCare CEO, Peter G. Burki. "Marking 25 years of success also validates the guiding principle that we founded this organization on -- do good for others and we'll do well ourselves. We believe deeply that we're doing good by helping employers and others improve the health and wellbeing of their people and their families. And I firmly believe that our 25th anniversary is a resounding affirmation that we're doing both good and well."
25 Years of Leadership
Launched in 1984 as DCC/The Dependent Care Connection, LifeCare began by helping employers meet their growing child care needs as more women entered the workforce. Over the next several years, DCC became LifeCare and expanded its services to include elder care and the full range of work/life programs. During this time, LifeCare was the first company to develop a proprietary database of national work/life providers (which remains the industry's largest database) and the first to create the single-source case management system.
The company's other milestones include:
- 1989 -- LifeCare introduced the first integrated work/life and EAP program.
- 1997 -- LifeCare launched the industry's first work/life web site, which enabled clients to offer employees a choice of telephone or online assistance and featured a variety of interactive tools for employees and HR professionals alike. It also offered clients the option of integrating their own benefits information to encourage greater utilization of all of their employee benefits.
- 1999 -- LifeCare introduced Mothers at Work®, the first corporate lactation program, providing prenatal education, 24/7 counseling from lactation consultants, and access to high-quality breast pumps.
- 2004 -- LifeCare rolled out a state-of-the-art online health risk assessment tool and a suite of interactive Healthy Living Programs to help clients improve the health of their employees while reducing medical expenses.
- 2005 -- LifeCare's Professional Geriatric Care Management Program was awarded a Caregiver Friendly Award by Today's Caregiver magazine, naming it one of the top services to have been designed in the best interest of caregivers and their loved ones.
- 2006 -- LifeCare's Successful AgingSM Services reached more than a half-million individuals via health plans, governmental agencies, unions and corporate benefits programs.
- 2007 -- LifeCare's Call Center was named a Certified Center of Excellence by the Center for Customer-Driven Quality™ at Purdue University, ranking it in the top 10 percent of the 20,000 call centers studied throughout North America. (LifeCare is the only company in the work/life industry to earn this prestigious certification.)
- 2009 -- LifeCare was chosen as one of the Top 100 Privately-Held Businesses in Connecticut by DiversityBusiness.com.
"There's no doubt that reducing health care costs and coping with the aging of our workforce are going to be a critical issues for America's employers, health care organizations and the government. More than half of the workforce will be 40 years old or older soon, which means they'll be faced with greater caregiving responsibilities, mounting health issues, retirement concerns, financial challenges and a host of other issues. Thanks to the way that our company has evolved and the partnerships we've created with leading health care and aging organizations, LifeCare will be there to help deliver the highest-quality resources and the expert guidance our nation's employers, workers and families need.”
About LifeCare®, Inc.
LifeCare offers cost-saving benefits that help clients reduce their most pervasive absenteeism and productivity drains, including child and elder care, caregiving support, health and wellness issues, and more. For more than two decades, LifeCare has led the work/life industry in the creation of high-quality, results-oriented programs designed to improve clients' bottom line. LifeCare serves 1,500 client companies with 4.5 million individuals within corporations, health plans, government agencies and unions. For more information, visit http://www.lifecare.com.
Notes to Editors
LifeCare's CEO, Peter G. Burki, is available for interview.
Media contact: Michael Civiello; 203-556-8827
This press release was distributed through eMediawire by Human Resources Marketer (HR Marketer: http://www.HRmarketer.com) on behalf of the company listed above.