Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 10, 2009
Tax procrastinators, rejoice. There is still time to file taxes online with the help of easy-to-use, free software and advice available at The Beehive (http://www.thebeehive.org/money/pay-taxes).
While there are many online options to file federal taxes free, TheBeehive.org is one of only a few websites that enable users to prepare and file federal and state tax returns for free.
In addition to free preparation and e-filing powered by H&R Block, The Beehive's Tax Tools include easy-to-understand educational material that explains tax credits, helps reduce the frustration of tax preparation, and offers ideas on ways to save and spend your refund. The Beehive's information and resources include:
- Free tax preparation and filing of federal and state taxes powered by H&R Block for households earning less $56,000, roughly 70 percent of Americans;
- Information about the Earned Income Tax Credit and other tax credits;
- Educational resources on avoiding scams and spending your return wisely;
- Tips on getting organized and reducing the frustration in tax preparation; and
- Contact information for community-based free tax help.
A very large percentage of Americans wait until the last minute to do their taxes, as can easily be seen by the long lines at the post office on April 14. The Beehive's online tax software, advice and tax extension forms provide help for millions of tax payers when they need it most.
To prepare and file Federal and State Taxes free, please visit http://www.thebeehive.org/money/pay-taxes.
About One Economy:
One Economy Corporation is a global nonprofit organization that uses innovative approaches to deliver the power of technology and information to low-income people. More than 15 million people have used One Economy's online tools and resources to build better lives. Learn more at http://www.one-economy.com.