Poole, Dorset (PRWEB) April 11, 2009
Independent ATM remanufacture and refurbishment specialist TestLink has created 45 new electronic engineering jobs at its UK and Czech technical facilities.
TestLink has increased staffing levels by 30 per cent to keep up with global demand for its ATM services.
TestLink remanufactures ATMs to 'as-new' condition - saving customers up to 70 per cent compared with the price of new ATMs.
Demand for TestLink's high quality ATMs and services is increasing as banks, mutuals and other financial institutions seek to reduce frontline operating costs in order to cope with the global credit crunch.
Thirty new repair technicians have been recruited at Poole where TestLink carries out work including:
- ATM remanufacture
- ATM refurbishment and modifications
- ATM security upgrades (anti-ramming, anti-skimming, cassette locking bars)
- ATM asset and estate management
- ATM cassette testing, configuration and refurbishment.
The other 15 new engineering roles are in Prague where TestLink has won a major pan-European contract to repair Chip and PIN credit card terminals. A further seven jobs are expected to be created there as demand continues to rise.
TestLink's OEM-trained technicians in Prague repair and refurbish thousands of broken Chip and PIN terminals every month. Damaged units are shipped in from France, Germany, UK, Spain, Poland and Ireland.
Testing, configuration and refurbishment of secure Chip and PIN terminals to the Triple DES encryption standard is a highly complex process that requires full OEM accreditation plus OEM-approved software.
Chip and PIN terminal repairs represent a major growth area for TestLink as the company helps credit card terminal service organisations and distributors to maximise their operational efficiency.
Current global economic conditions mean that banks and financial institutions face the double-whammy of having to invest more resources in ATM and credit card security at a time when pressure on costs is rising.
This in turn impacts on independent ATM deployers and third party maintenance organisations, many of which are turning to TestLink to help them win and retain business from the big banks.
TestLink attributes its continuing success to its high levels of technical expertise, coupled with its innovative strategies in helping clients to strip costs out of their operations.
Another factor has been TestLink's progressive e-marketing strategy as the company uses Internet-based marketing to target clients across the world.
TestLink Managing Director Greg Hughes said: "In these tough economic times it is great that there is some good news about jobs.
"ATM deployers and service organisations now more than ever need to reduce costs through innovative alternatives to the established OEM-dominated market and TestLink clearly continues to deliver this."
TestLink has 20 years of experience in providing ATM remanufacture, refurbishment and repairs, helping the environment by increasing the reuse and recycling of automated banking equipment and by reducing ATM-related waste.
Engineers at TestLink's banks-approved secure facilities strip used ATMs down to component level before meticulously rebuilding them with new parts and modules, customising them to clients' precise equipment and branding specifications.
Many of the technicians have direct OEM experience gained from working previously for the world's largest ATM manufacturers.
TestLink operates to the ISO9000 and ISO14001 quality standards and has an ethical environmental policy.
For more information, contact the TestLink Sales team in the UK on +44 (0)1202 627121 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in the Czech Republic on +420 220 121 450 (email@example.com).
Information for Editors:
UK & Western European Operation
TestLink Services Ltd
No. 1 Factory Road
Telephone: +44 (0)1202 627100
Fax: +44 (0)1202 625577
Central European Operation
TestLink Services Ltd
Telephone: +420 220 121 450
Fax: +420 220 121 449
TestLink - Cutting Costs By Innovating Service
TestLink Services Ltd is an independent company specialising in ATM remanufacture, ATM refurbishment and ATM asset & estate management - benefiting the global environment by increasing the reuse and recycling of automated banking equipment and reducing ATM-related waste.
ATM operators and third party manufacturers across the world can cut costs by up to 70 per cent by purchasing ATMs remanufactured by TestLink to 'as-new' condition.
TestLink has 20 years of experience providing repairs to the leading ATM OEMs and maintenance organisations. The company has a capability across NCR, Wincor and Triton ATMs on all module types.
TestLink engineers strip each ATM down to its individual components, painstakingly rebuilding each module for maximum operational efficiency and longevity of service.
Each remanufactured ATM undergoes a detailed 210-point inspection at TestLink before being shipped with delivery from just seven days.
Services provided by TestLink include:
- ATM asset & estate management with detailed reports on how well your ATMs are functioning, recommended servicing and preventative maintenance, modules and parts inventory. Reports include the performance of external non-TestLink engineers and whether they need ATM training to improve productivity
- ATM inventory management - sophisticated systems with online visibility of your inventory and its movements; secure storage of modules and parts; secure disposal of old or obsolete parts and modules to UK Ministry of Defence standards
- ATM parts repairs - fast turnaround time; online status system; premium quality parts; obsolete part support; direct to site international shipment by advance exchange
- ATM cassettes (NCR, Wincor, Fujitsu) - supply of refurbished ATM cassettes; repair and refurbishment of ATM cassettes; testing and configuration of ATM cassettes
- supply of hand-portable ATM test equipment for NCR ATM cassettes
- ATM security - anti-ramming, anti-skimming and cassette locking bar systems
- mobile computer support to the corporate sector, repairing OEM products both inside and outside warranty
- mobile computer support to SMEs and individual computer users via TestLink's dedicated Web site http://www.laptopsupport.co.uk
- specialised Chip & PIN repairs on behalf of banks and third party maintenance organisations; refurbishing chip and PIN devices to as-new condition.
TestLink serves its global markets from two fully resourced repair centres in the UK and the Czech Republic. Many of the 120 staff have direct OEM experience gained as engineers at ATM manufacturers NCR and Wincor.
TestLink was founded in 1989. It is still managed by its two founders, Chairman Nick Beer and Managing Director Greg Hughes.
The company operates to ISO9000 quality systems and ISO14001 environmental systems standards with an ethical environmental policy.