Miami, Florida (PRWEB) April 15, 2009
BlueMelon, http://www.bluemelon.com, owned and operated by M. L. K. Corporation, is proud to announce it is officially out of beta and ready for public use. BlueMelon provides people with an easy way to store and share their photos over the internet. BlueMelon offers both free and paid levels of service. With both levels, users have access to all of the features this new photo sharing solution has to offer, with the only difference being the limit of 1 GB of available storage for a free account.
"The user interface is intuitive and easy to use," says Miroslave Liska, BlueMelon's CEO. "At BlueMelon, we are aiming to set new standards in the photo sharing industry by offering the perfect combination of usability, customization, upload and download options."
BlueMelon is much more than a photo storage service. There are a multitude of useful and easy to use features, including:
- The ability to organize photos in albums, and the albums in categories
- Each album and each photo can be further enhanced with a title, description and a set of keywords
- A choice of three ways of uploading the photos:
1) A web-based uploader, allowing users to upload photos one at a time
2) A java-plugin, allowing users to upload a set of photos at a time
3) A downloadable java application, which makes it possible not only to easily upload photos, it can be used to completely manage the user's data. Users can edit the titles, descriptions and the keywords assigned to the photos or albums, and they can also manage the organization of both the albums and the categories. Since the application is written in java, it runs on almost any platform, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
- Various settings to customize the layout of the user's photographs and albums
- Safe storage on Amazon's S3 service
- Degrees of privacy allowing a photo or an album to be either public, unlisted, private or password protected
- A slideshow with a full-screen mode, an ideal way of presenting one's photos without having to download or install an application
BlueMelon also supports integration into other services by providing an API. Now that BlueMelon has made its official launch, creators are busy working on other useful features. Stay tuned for future developments. Visit http://www.bluemelon.com.