Measurement That Matters in the New Media World.
Livingston, NJ (PRWEB) April 13, 2009
Public relations professionals will learn how they can benefit from the historic changes sweeping the media by taking part this Thursday, April 16, in a free BurrellesLuce webinar titled Measurement that Matters in the New Media World."
The webinar runs from 1:00 to 2:00 EDT, and will be led by BurrellesLuce Vice President Johna Burke, a PR veteran and acknowledged authority on measuring PR effectiveness. Ms. Burke will discuss the core components of a meaningful measurement program that meets the essential needs of PR practitioners in today's markedly altered media landscape.
The session will focus on these best practices for media relations and measurement:
- How the current ferment in the media industry makes this an ideal time to create smarter, and ultimately more successful, media relations programs.
- Why the growing importance of social media and microblogs such as Twitter enhance the role of qualitative metrics.
- Effective ways in which monitoring and measurement programs can be adjusted to reach key journalists as they turn to blogs and microblogs.
- Three proven tactics for using competitors' coverage to improve one's own media relations results.
- Five steps a PR practitioner can take to develop a holistic measurement package that clearly depicts the impact of his or her organization's coverage--at a price that fits the budget.
Steve Shannon, executive vice president of BurrellesLuce, said the upheaval that is occurring in the media industry "presents not only a serious challenge, but a promising opportunity to PR professionals." The hour invested on April 16 exploring measurement best practices "will surely pay big dividends in participants' media relations efforts."
PR practitioners can Register Now for the April 16th webinar on "Measurement That Matters in the New Media World."
BurrellesLuce helps communications professionals maximize their media relations results through a full range of planning, monitoring and measurement services. Besides delivering content, the company's online platform enables clients to target and connect with journalists and bloggers, monitor the media for coverage, and measure and understand the impact of their outreach efforts. The platform has been further enhanced with the introduction of BurrellesLuce iMonitor, a self-guided media monitoring tool that powers instant searches covering the most local, national and international news from free and subscription sources, including social media.