Orem, UT (PRWEB) April 14, 2009
It is common knowledge that while a number of direct selling companies achieve brilliant success, many others barely make it out of the gate! The Symposium Group, a consortium of MLM and Party Plan experts, holds symposiums to train entrepreneurs interested in starting a company as well as executive teams of startup and existing MLM and Party Plan companies. The curriculum includes training and strategies essential to succeed in the network marketing industry.
Orville Thompson, CEO of booming MLM company, Scentsy, attended past Symposiums to learn the MLM ropes. At a past Symposium, when all the speakers gave a brief synopsis of what they'd be talking about, Orville said he'd be speaking about "why it's important to listen to the rest of these guys." Then, in his keynote presentation, he said:
"Here at the Symposium Group and being connected through the Direct Selling Association, this is the way I've learned the fundamental principles of the structure of direct selling companies
that are very invaluable! You can't do it without tying yourself into vendors who know and company executives who have been there."
"When I was here in your position, I kept asking the same question:
"What does a successful company look like?" I had no idea what I was supposed to be looking like, because all there was were successful companies and then there were struggling companies, and I wanted to understand the process. And, nobody could either identify the process or they didn't want to share it."
The Symposium Experience is a bi-annual, two-day conference where industry experts share their state-of-the-art, hands-on experience. In other words, you learn the ropes! The Symposium features:
- Presentation of direct sales best-practices by industry leaders.
- Valuable insights to help you grow your company in a down economy.
- One-on-one consultations with industry experts who will answer your questions.
- Opportunity to network with industry peers.
- Select resources to share with your teams.
Who Should Attend?
- Startup MLM and Party Plan Companies. This event is a must attend for executive teams of new startup companies that plan to use network marketing as their primary form of sales and distribution. Attendees gather a broad range of specific information from industry experts--information that is vital to the success of their business venture. Typically, many of the attendees are planning to launch their business in the near future or have launched within the last two or three years.
- Established MLM and Party Plan Companies. Established companies have found it extremely useful to send their new employees to the Symposium because it is such an efficient way to quickly educate them on the unique nuances of direct selling. In addition, seasoned executives attend to learn cutting edge strategies in key areas, network with Symposium faculty members, and compare what they're doing in their companies with current industry best practices. Just picking up a couple of new ideas can pay big dividends.
Who's on the Upcoming Agenda?
The upcoming Symposium, April 27 - 28, will feature keynote speakers:
- Mark Shurtleff, Utah Attorney General.
- Margie Aliprandi, Neways Crown Diamond Field Leader.
- Michael Breshears, Kyani CEO.
- Marvin Higbee, Kiiera President.
Symposium board members presenting at this event include:
- Mark Rawlins, CEO of InfoTrax Systems, MLM Software and Commission Consulting.
- Spencer Reese, Grimes & Reese, PLLC, MLM Legal Services.
- Jerry York, ByDesign, MLM Software.
- Sandi Donaldson, President of Moriah Marketing Group, MLM Marketing.
- Dan Jensen, Jenetek Consulting Services, MLM Commission Consulting.
- Dave Taylor, Cofounder Launchsmart, MLM Startup Consulting.
- Bryan Thayer, Videoplus, MLM Recruiting and Retention Tools.
"Hot Topic" presentations will be sponsored by:
- Axis 41, Marketing Communications.
- ProPay, Credit Card Security and PCI Compliance.
- CCH, Sales Tax Integration.
For Additional information on The Symposium Experience, contact Rex Galbraith or visit The Symposium Group. This is a bi-annual event, so watch for future Symposium dates.
About The Symposium Group: "Direct Sales best practice - Proven industry leaders"
The Symposium Group, is a consortium of MLM and Party Plan experts that holds symposiums to train entrepreneurs interested in starting a company as well as executive teams of startup and existing MLM and Party Plan companies.