These applications deliver rapid time-to-value, providing immediate help to companies striving to weather the current business cycle, while positioning them to gain efficiencies, growth and market share in the coming recovery.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) April 17, 2009
Responding to one of the toughest economies in generations, astute executives in a wide range of industries are deploying RFID-based applications as part of a cost- and efficiency-driven strategy to weather the current downturn, and as a proactive move to drive innovation, growth and profits as the economy recovers.
Now in its 16th month, the current recession has been marked by housing and credit crisis, falling consumer spending and a contraction in worldwide trade. U.S. GDP fell by a 6.3 percent annualized rate in the fourth quarter of 2008, reflecting a global retrenchment that presents tremendous challenges to organizations across the industrial spectrum. Yet amid those daunting headlines, some positive economic news is beginning to emerge. Earlier this month, the Blue Chip Economic Indicators survey showed that 86 percent of private economists now believe the economic downturn will end in the second half of 2009. While higher unemployment may persist for some time and although above-trend growth may not return until late 2010, many economists now expect improvements in consumer spending, housing, business inventories and exports to spark a slow but steady recovery.
"Instead of retrenching and retreating in response to current economic pressures, we are seeing people make smart investments in applications that will reduce their costs, eliminate wasteful processes and improve customer service and satisfaction," says Jim Caudill, SVP of marketing and strategy for Xterprise. "These applications deliver rapid time-to-value, providing immediate help to companies striving to weather the current business cycle, while positioning them to gain efficiencies, growth and market share in the coming recovery."
To navigate today's troubled economic waters, and to maximize opportunities in the anticipated late-year recovery, companies are increasingly investing in a new generation of RFID-based solutions, such as the Clarity™ applications from Xterprise.
- A national dairy products manufacturer has reduced days sales outstanding, while offering differentiated customer service with product freshness guarantees;
- A leading aviation services company is moving beyond a pilot to deploy an enterprise RFID platform to drive continuous process improvement in its crucial tooling control activities;
- A number of leading medical research universities are gaining better control over their research assets while they increase the accuracy and frequency of their rental billings;
- A global logistics service provider is providing shipment visibility and value-added services to its customers in its international shipping business;
- A cutting-edge international fashion retailer is taking firm control of its inventory to reduce out of stocks, eliminate shrinkage and grow sales per square foot;
- A leading pharmaceutical and health care firm is assuring the safety of its employees in the event of an emergency at its production facilities, reducing its corporate risk profile;
- Several top-tier banks and insurance companies have discovered they can leverage RFID as an innovation and cost reduction platform, while meeting governance, regulatory and compliance mandates.
"You can constantly react to a negative business climate, or you can choose to be proactive by streamlining your operations and planning for recovery and growth," adds Caudill.
Xterprise will be highlighting their Clarity applications at the upcoming RFID Journal Live! Conference and Exhibition, held in Orlando, Florida April 27th - 29th, 2009. Numerous Xterprise customers will be featured on the main stage, in breakout sessions, and informally at the Xterprise booth, where they will be speaking to the business challenges addressed, benefits achieved, impact on their organizations, and sharing any lessons learned.
For over six years, Xterprise Incorporated has been a leader in the development of enterprise-class RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) software applications. These highly scalable applications combine our Clarity™ application framework technology, Microsoft platform technology, continuous improvement and lean supply chain expertise, enterprise systems integration along with RFID and other sensory technology to deliver previously unachievable levels of visibility, accuracy, process compliance and value to our clients. Recognized by Microsoft as their 2008 RFID Partner of the Year, Xterprise delivers fast return on investment, high value and low total cost of ownership solutions across a wide variety of industries. For additional information call us at +1-972-690-946, or visit us online at http://www.Xterprise.com.
RFID Journal Live! is a trademark of RFID Journal, LLC