Thanks to them, we'll be doubling our workforce in the next few years to keep up with demand, adding hundreds of new jobs to places like Victorville, CA, Greenville, MS, and Amarillo, TX. We're very proud of our achievements over the past two decades, and look forward to serving both the commercial and military sectors as their partner of choice for aircraft painting.
Santa Ana, CA (PRWEB) April 16, 2009
Leading Edge Aviation Services (LEAS), the largest commercial aircraft painting company in the world, announced today that 2009 marks its 20th anniversary in the airline commercial services business. Over the past two decades, the company transformed itself from a small California aircraft detailer to an aviation juggernaut serving virtually every major airline through five facilities in three continents, and revenues totaling more than $30 million a year.
"We've experienced unbelievable growth in the past two decades, and this year we're booked beyond capacity. We have hangars churning out hundreds of jets a year, painting as many as ten 747s at a time. In this economy, in this industry, that's unheard of," said Mike Manclark, CEO, LEAS. "With thousands of planes under our belt, no other company in the world has completed as many aircraft as we have, and at the highest level of quality and safety that we have. These incredible accomplishments are a testament to our capacity, drive, and continued commitment to the finest in customer service."
During the past 20 years, Leading Edge has recorded some remarkable achievements:
- Painted over 5,000 aircraft for companies like United, Continental, Delta, Northwest, Air Canada, Air Malaysia, Air France, Virgin America, US Airways, and UPS
- Reached an unprecedented industry milestone by painting its 600th aircraft for Continental Airlines in 2008
- Raised the bar in speed and productivity, painting 65 aircraft in 25 days for Air Wisconsin
- Re-painted entire Northwest of 650 aircraft to their re-branded silver and mica paint scheme in two short years
- Painted the Boeing 747 used in the 1997 Harrison Ford movie "Air Force One" after another company couldn't complete the job in time for shooting
- Opened up its 4th facility in Greenville, Mississippi in 2003 - creating hundreds of jobs for the local economy while producing hundreds of freshly-painted aircraft for airlines such as Delta and Northwest Airlines
- Helped restore dozens of vintage WW II planes for air museums across the country
As part of the 20th anniversary celebration, Leading Edge will be reaching out to its customers in a whole new way through quarterly newsletters, contests, prizes and more.
"This is our opportunity to say thanks to all the employees, partners, and customers who've helped make this company the incredible success it is today," added Manclark. "Thanks to them, we'll be doubling our workforce in the next few years to keep up with demand, adding hundreds of new jobs to places like Victorville, CA, Greenville, MS, and Amarillo, TX. We're very proud of our achievements over the past two decades, and look forward to serving both the commercial and military sectors as their partner of choice for aircraft painting."
About Leading Edge Aviation Services:
Headquartered in Santa Ana, CA with facilities across the United States, Leading Edge Aviation Services, Inc. is one of the most advanced, commercial aircraft services companies in the world. Specializing in commercial, private, and military aircraft painting, the company also provides a wide range of commercial services, including fuel system, mod-center support, contract labor, line-turn maintenance, composite and sheet metal, long and short term aircraft storage, field audits, fleet assessments, interior deep cleaning, and strip and painting services to various branches of the United States Military. For more information, visit http://www.LeadingEdgeCorp.com.