Bloomington, IN (PRWEB) April 19, 2009
iUniverse, the leading book marketing, editorial services, and supported self publishing company, has announced its top ten best-selling books (for March 2009, according point-of-sale data from major U.S. booksellers.
1. But He Never Hit Me: The Devastating Cost of Non-Physical Abuse to Girls and Women, by Dr. Jill A. Murray; (Self-Help).
Abuse expert and psychotherapist Dr. Jill A. Murray exposes the types of inner abuse of women that often go undetected, and gives tools for more rewarding future relationships.
2. The African Mask, Janet E. Rupert; (Young Adult). Layo, a talented young Yoruban girl living in the 12th-century city-state of Ife, longs to shape clay as her grandmother does. But Layo faces challenges against her age, as well as the chilling prospect of being betrothed to the very man in competition with her own clan to create a bronze death mask.
3. Pinto's Hope, by Deborah Harrell; (Young Adult). In a small, remote village in El Salvador, 12-year-old Pinto Morales dreams of going to university and playing professional soccer. A tragic accident with a land mine shatters Pinto's leg and his dreams, forcing him to face some harsh realities.
4. Attached at the Heart: 8 Proven Parenting Principles for Raising Connected and Compassionate Children, by Barbara Nicholson; (Parenting). This comprehensive parenting book focuses on how to build a deep connection with a child, from important facts one needs to know before having a baby, to current child development research and practical strategies for raising a child.
5. Loving Our Neighbor: A Thoughtful Approach to Helping People in Poverty, by Beth Templeton; (Religion). Ordained Presbyterian minister Beth Templeton gives advice for churches, businesses, civic organizations, school groups, and individuals, as to making compassionate but prudent decisions about financial donation.
6. The 10Ks of Personal Branding: Create a Better You, by Kaplan Mobray; (Careers).
Are you searching for a new start, in your career or otherwise? Learn the secrets of creating your own personal brand and focusing your life's goals in this easy-to-follow instructional guide.
7. Good Neighbor Campaign Handbook: How to Win, by Paul Ryder; (Environmental). Political leader Paul Ryder shows how to fight the war against pollution through the unique perspective of neighbors.
8. The Bluegrass Conspiracy: An Inside Story of Power, Greed, Drugs and Murder, by Sally Denton; (Novel). A sordid tale of corruption in Lexington, Kentucky. Among the major players were Governor John Y. Brown; his top political aides; former policeman and blueblood Andrew Thornton, the leader of an organization known as the "Company"; and other bluebloods, rich from money originally earned in horse-breeding and racing.
9. Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding: Achieving Permanent Weight Loss with Minimally Invasive Surgery, by Jessie H. Ahroni Ph.D. A.R.N.P.; (Health).
Learn more about the weight-loss technique of laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding from Dr. Ahroni, a clinician and former gastric band patient. Dr. Ahroni guides potential patients through the experience and gives tips for a successful operation.
10. The Pier: A Folly Beach Mystery, by Bill Noel; (Novel). This second installment follows Chris Landrum and his adventures on the small, quirky island of Folly Beach, S.C. Now, Chris's plans for a laid-back retirement are disrupted again by yet another mysterious murder.
These titles, and the complete iUniverse library, are available for purchase through the online iUniverse bookstore at http://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookstoreHome.aspx. To learn how to publish a book today, log on to http://www.iuniverse.com or call 1-800-AUTHORS today.
iUniverse, an Author Solutions, Inc. author services brand, is the leading book marketing, editorial services, and supported self publishing company. The iUniverse management team has extensive editorial and managerial experience with traditional publishers such as Random House, Wiley, Macmillan, Chronicle Books, and Addison-Wesley. iUniverse has a strategic alliance with Chapters Indigo in Canada, and titles accepted into the iUniverse Rising Star program are featured in a special collection on BarnesandNoble.com. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, iUniverse also operates offices in Indianapolis and Milton Keynes, England. For more information or to publish a book, please visit http://www.iuniverse.com or call 1-800-AUTHORS.