Seattle, WA (PRWEB) April 23, 2009
- Fast-growing social media marketing firm, Spring Creek Group, today announced a partnership with Meteor Solutions, the technology provider that measures the value of online word-of-mouth pass-along with the same precision as paid media.
- The partnership enables Spring Creek Group to extend the capabilities of its social media management (SMM) and brand analytics services by enabling clients to measure and optimize the impact of online word of mouth and content sharing on site traffic and user actions.
- Meteor's Tracker platform is built on patent-pending technology that utilizes "tracking scripts" to identify the word-of-mouth traffic generated when people share content online. Meteor Tracker quantifies the "pass-along" of content from one person to another as they share links, bookmarks, emails, instant messages and mobile messages. As tracked content is shared among friends, on blogs, and within communities, Meteor generates a sharing graph that shows exactly which people, blogs, and social networks are generating the most buzz about a brand, product, or campaign - so marketers can then make targeted media buys and optimize campaigns based on the findings.
- In general, Meteor has proven that word-of-mouth drives 20% of the unique visitors to the web sites it monitors, putting it in the same league as other major online traffic drivers, such as search engines. In addition, Meteor's data has proven that the traffic driven by word-of-mouth converts at a rate that is 2-3X greater than visitors from online ads and other sources.
- Spring Creek Group works with companies of all sizes to improve brand awareness and increase site traffic through social media-based online marketing methods. The agency has helped brands like Microsoft, Whitepages.com and Seattle's Bumbershoot Festival connect with key target audiences via innovative social media marketing programs such as online community, blog, and social network outreach and engagement that result in higher brand awareness and deeper customer loyalty.
- "Brands are increasingly interested in quantifying the impact that their social media marketing programs have on their bottom line," said Andy Boyer, principal of Spring Creek Group. "The addition of Meteor Solutions to our technology portfolio enables us to extend our existing social marketing measurement programs to track word-of-mouth conversations with the same precision as paid media."
- "There are solutions in the marketplace that monitor social media activity, but the next evolution is being able to identify exactly what 'action' such as a shared link, email, text message, social network posting etc. is associated with each mention of a brand, so companies can measure with precision the impact those actions have on revenues," said Ben Straley, chief executive officer of Meteor Solutions. "We've developed a robust technology that enables marketers to quantify with certainty the exact path their content takes online and deliver data they didn't know existed. We're pleased to partner with Spring Creek Group to help their clients achieve maximum ROI with social media marketing."
- Spring Creek Group
- Spring Creek Group Blog
- Meteor Solutions
- Meteor Solutions Blog
- Spring Creek Group Partners
About Spring Creek Group:
Spring Creek Group is an innovative online marketing agency located in Seattle, Washington, that helps companies of all sizes increase brand awareness, improve customer engagement, and drive site traffic through social media-based online marketing. Spring Creek Group's key marketing services practice areas are: Brand Analytics and Measurement; Social Media Channel Strategy and Planning; Campaign Content Syndication; and Community Engagement. For more information, visit http://www.springcreekgroup.com .
About Meteor Solutions:
Meteor Solutions is an Internet software company that captures data for online word-of-mouth activities - filling the huge advertising and marketing gap currently plaguing the online advertising industry. Using the patent-pending Meteor technology platform, Meteor Solutions enables advertisers and publishers to measure, optimize and amplify online word-of-mouth with the same precision as paid advertising. Since it was founded in December 2008, Seattle-based Meteor has been used to track word of mouth for several multi-million dollar marketing campaigns by major brands. Some of the top online, mobile, and game companies are also using Meteor, and its client list is continuing to grow despite the economic downturn. More information about Meteor Solutions and the Meteor platform can be found at http://www.meteorsolutions.com .