Only a select few central stations are honored with this prestigious award, and we're proud to be able to be certified, year after year, assuring our customers of the high standards we uphold at NYMPC.
Freeport, NY (PRWEB) April 24, 2009
New York Merchants Protective Co. Inc. is pleased to announce it has once again been awarded the prestigious Five Diamond Central Station Certification by the Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA).
There are approximately 2,700 central stations in the United States that communicate and interact with law enforcement, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than 100 central stations have achieved the CSAA Five Diamond Certified status.
The highly coveted certification signifies that 100% of NYMPC's central station dispatch personnel have exhibited superior proficiency and excellence in all aspects of the CSAA Central Station Training.
In addition, the Five-Diamond certification honors NYMPC for demonstrating an exceptionally high degree of responsibility to their local community and their customers through the investment of time, money and commitment to 100% quality training.
"The CSAA Five-Diamond Certification is one of our proudest achievements," said Wayne Wahrsager, president of New York Merchants Protective Co. Inc. "Only a select few central stations are honored with this prestigious award, and we're proud to be able to be certified, year after year, assuring our customers of the high standards we uphold at NYMPC."
The CSAA Five Diamond Certification signifies five points of excellence:
1. Commitment to random inspections and quality criteria standards by a nationally recognized third-party laboratory such as UL
2. Commitment to the highest levels of customer service
3. Commitment to ongoing job-related education and testing
4. Commitment to raising the industry standards through CSAA membership and participation in its activities
5. Commitment to reducing false dispatches
The CSAA Training Course covers virtually all facets of central station operation, including communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services centers.
In order to achieve the CSAA Five Diamond Certification, every dispatcher must have not only passed the course, but also demonstrated excellence in:
- Proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms
- Proficiency in communications with Public Service Answering Points, such as Emergency 911 centers
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities
The Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) is a 59-year-old non-profit trade association that represents the major burglar and fire alarm central monitoring stations. CSAA is located in Vienna, Virginia, outside of Washington, D.C.
About New York Merchants Protective Co., Inc.
New York Merchants Protective Co., Inc. installs, services and monitors security and fire systems for over 70,000 locations nationwide and has been doing so since 1910. Protecting over $100 BILLION in property and assets, Approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and holding the coveted listing for National Industrial Monitoring and Certified as a "Five Diamond Central Station" by the Central Station Alarm Association, NYMPC is ranked as the 33rd largest security company in the United States by SDM Magazine (May 2008).
Comprehensive services include 24/7 customized monitoring, closed-circuit TV systems, remote video and environmental control monitoring, wireless medical alarms and industrial process monitoring, among many others. NYMPC's fire alarm system capabilities include a wide range of services including advanced fire detection, manual pull stations, sprinkler water flow and tamper devices, as well as voice evacuation systems.
For more information on NYMPC or any of its services, call 1-888-NYMP-911 or visit http://www.nympc.com.