Buddy Media is the premier developer for social media applications, and the technological infrastructure they have developed for SI GolfNation will set new standards for the industry
new York, NY (PRWEB) April 23, 2009
Buddy Media, the leading media company for social media campaigns and branded app-vertisements, has partnered with the SI Golf Group to develop and launch SI GOLFNation, a new social media application powered by Buddy Media's cross platform engagement (CPE) approach. Accessible via Facebook© Connect, GOLF.com and iPhone, the social networking application is the first to allow golfers to enter and track their scores for virtually any course in the U.S., calculate their recreational handicap, compare the data and compete with other golfers in their social groups or across the web.
The application provides a way for the SI Golf Group (Golf Magazine, GOLF.com, SI Golf Plus) to connect with golf enthusiasts while also enabling golfers to connect with each other. Created using recently released Facebook Connect for iPhone technology this application allows users to seamlessly connect and interact with the application and other users wherever they are - on GOLF.com or Facebook and, coming soon, on an iPhone.
Specifically, the application includes the following features:
- Cross-platform Leaderboard: See how you stack up against those in your social groups and across the web in more than 15 categories. Share your scores instantaneously and challenge your friends.
- "19th Hole" Social Networking Capability: Upload photos to the Golf Gallery, set status updates, organize your golf buddies into groups, share scores with your social networks, and more.
- Handicap and score tracker: Enter hole-by-hole scores from your computer or right from the course. All rounds are tracked to a golfer's overall handicap, and all course information is verified by the National Golf Foundation (NGF).
- Game Stats Tracker: Track all of your stats, including greens in regulation, putts per round, fairways hit and average score. Tracking performance over time will help golfers identify weaknesses in their games.
- Course Finder: Find and review courses, book a tee time and plan your next golf vacation.
"Buddy Media is the premier developer for social media applications, and the technological infrastructure they have developed for SI GolfNation will set new standards for the industry," said Ken Fuchs, vice president, SI Digital. "This application enables us to provide golfers and enthusiasts a completely new way to interact, all while driving deeper engagement with Sports Illustrated, Golf magazine and GOLF.com."
"We're seeing more and more demand for cross-platform apps, and GOLF.com recognized that the golf audience would be particularly well suited for that kind of functionality," said Mike Lazerow, CEO of Buddy Media. "Golfers are passionate about their sport, and they want to share their scores, brag about their birdies and send pictures of the beautiful golf courses they've played. We've built an app that brings the social nature of golf into the social media world in a way that's not restricted by platforms or location."
About the Sports Illustrated Golf Group
GOLF MAGAZINE is at the core of the most powerful media company in the game, the SI GOLF GROUP. The magazine, which delivers a monthly circulation of 1.4 million golf enthusiasts and a readership of 6.1 million, is golf's most widely read publication and provides the best instruction, equipment reviews and travel coverage in the category. With the combined resources of GOLF, SI Golf Plus (the No. 1 golf weekly publication) and GOLF.com (the highest-trafficked golf website), the SI GOLF GROUP delivers a monthly audience of 12.6 million avid golfers and fans. GOLF MAGAZINE is published by TIME INC., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Time Warner Inc.
About Buddy Media
In today's social media world, every brand needs a Buddy. Buddy Media, the leading media company for social media strategies and branded app-vertisements, offers proprietary technology solutions - including Builder, BuddyBrain and the Social Page Management System - to help brands engage their audiences by extending their advertising campaigns into the social world. Some of the world's largest brands, including FedEx, New Balance, Time Inc. & Microsoft work with Buddy Media to create social brand loyalty and social brand advocates. Based in NYC, Buddy Media is a privately held company backed by Softbank, European Founders Fund and GreyCroft partners amongst other investors. http://www.buddymedia.com.