As we saw the new technology tools evolving, we knew that we could help nonprofits and political entities harness their potential. That was the genesis of Comitatus
Alexandria, VA (PRWEB) April 24, 2009
Comitatus Consulting is a new firm that specializes in helping Capitol Hill offices and nonprofits use technology, social networking and new media to broaden their base of donors and constituents.
"A revolution is underway--which is rapidly reshaping the way people communicate. These changes are presenting major opportunities to reach niche audiences in ways that were never before possible," said Julie Wadler, founding partner, Comitatus Consulting. "Comitatus can help clients use these cost-effective tools to develop closer relationships with their constituents and raise money more easily."
Based in Alexandria, Virginia, Comitatus was started by Julie Wadler, an entrepreneur and founder of the highly-acclaimed event management firm epiphany productions, and Aaron Poe, an epiphany productions' officer who has significant political and fundraising experience. Rounding out the executive team, Jeramie Anderson heads up Comitatus' IT operations and brings a wealth of technology and Web strategy experience. Over the years, Anderson has provided extensive IT support to the White House, the Republican National Committee, and the Bush Inaugural Committee.
"As we saw the new technology tools evolving, we knew that we could help nonprofits and political entities harness their potential. That was the genesis of Comitatus," explained Poe, Comitatus co-partner.
The confluence of media, telecommunications, and the Internet is making the world a smaller place. Seemingly strange words like Skype, Yammer, Twitter, LinkdIn, Facebook, Flickr, and blogs are becoming household terms. The growth in these services as well as the data speaks to the importance of tapping into the new mediums. Consider this:
- Today more than 60 percent of Americans use social media, according to Cone's Business in Social Media Study.
- Globally nearly 350 million read blogs, says Web Trends and News.
- Facebook has nearly 200 million users.
- The share of adult Internet users who have a profile on a social networking site has more than quadrupled in the past four years, according to the Pew Research Center.
What this means is that a host of new digital, cost effective mediums are available to communicate about ideas and products as well as raise funds. Comitatus' innovative processes and highly skilled team will work to integrate the best mix of technological and traditional communication tools to help businesses connect with audiences they care about.
Here's what Comitatus does for clients:
- Provides custom solutions.
- Audits current data collection systems and technology.
- Maximizes contacts by capturing and managing data better.
- Matches technology with client's outreach and communications goals.
- Sets up and integrates offices with new technology tools.
- Provides a one-stop portal for fundraising, communicating, and managing data.
- Trains staff to use the new technology effectively.
To learn more about Comitatus, visit http://www.comitatusconsulting.com or call 703-683-7500.
Comitatus Consulting is committed to providing clients with a road map to navigate the new technologies. Comitatus offers state-of-the-art tools so clients can connect with targeted donors and constituents. Comitatus is a sister company to epiphany productions (http://www.epiphanyproductions.com), a premier event management and fundraising firm that works with nonprofits, corporations, and government. The Comitatus team blends technological know how with political experience, delivering on target results.
# # #