Ever-increasing system complexities make the task of model development much more difficult and time consuming than ever before
Waterloo, Canada (Vocus) April 29, 2009
Today, Maplesoft™ announced new releases of its core products - MapleSim™, the high-performance, multi-domain modeling and simulation tool, and Maple™, the technical computing software for engineers, mathematicians, and scientists. These products are based on Maplesoft's core technologies, which include the world's most advanced symbolic computation engine and revolutionary physical modeling techniques. Together, they provide cutting-edge tools for design, modeling, and high-performance simulation that can lower costs and reduce product cycle time by weeks and months.
- Combines an intuitive physical modeling environment with powerful symbolic techniques to drastically reduce the time and effort required to create highly efficient models.
- Introduces extraordinary 3-D visualization and animation tools which easily transform multibody models into realistic animations, providing greater insight into the system behavior.
- Tools for managing results from multiple simulations, simplifying a notoriously tedious and confusing task.
At the core of MapleSim lies Maple, the technical computing software that contains a highly advanced symbolic computation engine, powerful numeric solvers, and an intuitive technical document interface. Enhancements to Maple automatically benefit MapleSim users, as well as the many engineers who use Maple directly.
Key advantages of Maple 13:
- Provides enhanced tools that support every stage of the solution development process, completely new 3-D plotting facilities, and leading-edge solvers that push the frontiers of technical computation.
- A convenient starting point for engineering calculations with the Maple Portal for Engineers, point-and-click access to powerful control systems analysis tools, and expanded CAD connectivity that adds NX to the list of supported CAD systems.
- New plotting facilities include extensive annotation tools and fly-through animations, making 3-D plots more meaningful and easier to interpret.
- Maple 13's leading-edge solvers expand the problem-solving abilities of engineers. They include revolutionary techniques for finding solutions to differential equations that are beyond the scope of standard methods.
"Ever-increasing system complexities make the task of model development much more difficult and time consuming than ever before," said Jim Cooper, President and CEO of Maplesoft. "The combination of the two core Maplesoft technologies presents an opportunity to modernize the process and make significant savings in cost and time, a big bonus in the current challenging times. Because of their strong symbolic computation capabilities, MapleSim 2 and Maple 13 can find solutions that no other system can, allowing engineers to solve harder problems and achieve better performance."
Pricing and Availability
Single-user professional licenses of MapleSim 2 are available for US $2,995 and Maple 13 for US $1,895. Volume, upgrade, and academic discounts apply. Both products are available directly from the Maplesoft Web Store or by http://www.maplesoft.com/contact contacting Maplesoft Sales at 1-800-267-6583. Outside of the US and Canada, the products are available from a local Maplesoft reseller.
Maplesoft is the leading provider of high-performance software tools for engineering, science, and mathematics. Its product suite reflects the philosophy that given great tools, people can do great things.
Maplesoft's core technologies include the world's most advanced symbolic computation engine and revolutionary physical modeling techniques. Combined together, these technologies enable the creation of cutting-edge tools for design, modeling, and high-performance simulation.
Maplesoft's products help to reduce errors, shorten design times, lower costs, and improve results. The Maplesoft product suite includes Maple, the technical computing and documentation environment, and MapleSim, the high-performance, multi-domain modeling and simulation tool for physical systems.
Engineers, scientists, and mathematicians use Maplesoft products to enable them to work better, faster, and smarter. Maplesoft's customers include Ford, BMW, Bosch, Boeing, NASA, Canadian Space Agency, Canon, Motorola, Microsoft Research, Bloomberg, and DreamWorks, covering sectors such as automotive, aerospace, electronics, defense, energy, financial services, consumer products, and entertainment. With Toyota, Maplesoft founded the Plant Modeling Consortium to promote the development of new design techniques for automotive and related industries.
Visit http://www.maplesoft.com to learn more.
For more information, please contact
tgeorge @ maplesoft.com
+1 519 747 2373 ext 352