(PRWEB) April 30, 2009
The Environment Agency is also warning that even small leaks can heavily pollute the water supply. Just one litre of oil needed to contaminate one million litres of drinking water.
Oil-powered boilers should be professionally checked each year, consisting of:
1. Visual inspection
3. Operation (adjustment and analysis)
4. Parts replacement
Steve Chelton, Insurer Development Manager from Swinton, the UK's leading high street home insurance retailer, said: "A leaking boiler can cause untold amounts of damage. If not properly insured a homeowner will have to pay the repair bill. We would strongly recommend that anyone with an oil-burning boiler check that their home insurance policy fully covers for any accidents.
"It can also be very dangerous keeping fuel in the home, so make sure that it is stored correctly to avoid any potential hazards."
For more information contact Michael Travers or Anoushka Foster at Manchester PR agency SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770.
- With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates