We can't tell what is wrong with you.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 30, 2009
Americas Watchdog is expanding its investigation of toxic Chinese drywall in Houston, Austin to now include Dallas, San Antonio, and areas of Texas affected by hurricane damage. The group is discovering that the imported toxic Chinese drywall was used in much larger numbers than previously believed. According to the group, "toxic Chinese drywall is corrosive enough to degrade copper, and other metals, it makes those who live in these homes sick, we believe in just Florida alone it is in over 150,000 homes, and the Obama Administrations Consumer Product Safety Commission has yet to recall this product? This is an insult to every US citizen." The group is calling imported toxic Chinese drywall, "the worst environmental disaster in US history, it has affected more homes than Hurricane Katrina, and the US Federal Government has yet to show up to assist hundreds of thousands of at risk US homeowners & their families." The group is now also adding the Western Provinces of Canada to its locations, where they believe toxic Chinese drywall was used. Homeowners who think they might have toxic Chinese drywall in their homes can call Americas Watchdog's Homeowners Consumer Center anytime at 866-714-6466, or contact the group via their web site at Http://HomeownersConsumerCenter.Com
What are the symptoms of toxic Chinese drywall a homeowner should be looking for?
Most Importantly Health & Toxic Chinese Drywall:
There have been no formal health studies on the affects of exposure to toxic Chinese dry wall. However, some common denominators appear to present, as follow: nose bleeds, headaches, coughs, upper respiratory or sinus issues, rashes. In many cases victims have gone to a physician or a emergency room only to be told, "We can't tell what is wrong with you."
The Homeowners Consumer Center believes that exposure to toxic Chinese drywall, and some of these medical symptoms are related, because homeowners in new homes in different parts of the country, different states, all share two things in common -- the fact that Chinese drywall is in their house and they have these medical conditions. In many cases not everyone in the family will share the same symptoms. In some cases, the adults are fine, but the children are sick, or in other cases, the adults are sick and the kids are not. In many cases all of the homes occupants are sick. If you live in a home & suspect toxic Chinese drywall is present you can call the Homeowners Consumer Center anytime at 866-714-6466, or contact the group via their web site at Http://HomeownersConsumerCenter.com.
- Family pets may have died from exposure in US homes with Chinese toxic drywall
Note with respect to health & exposure to toxic Chinese drywall one the Homeowners Consumer Center has heard repeatedly is, "I am in the house with the suspected Chinese drywall & I feel sick, or my family members are sick. We leave the home for a few days, or a week, & we all feel better."
Other Indicators of Toxic Chinese Drywall in a New US Home, Town Home or Condominium:
- Homeowners, building owners, or occupants in most cases will have seen continuous failures of their air conditioning coils, or HVAC units beyond anything normal. Homeowners who suspect they might have the toxic Chinese drywall in their home should check the cooper coils on their air conditioning units. If the AC copper coils have turned black, or a grayish black they should contact the Homeowners Consumer Center at 866-714-6466.
- Homeowners, building owners, or occupants may have noticed corroded, or black electrical wiring in their walls in properties built or remodeled since 2001. Many homeowners who have the toxic Chinese drywall in their home might have copper ground wires in the electrical receptacles that have turned black. Homeowners who suspect their home may have the Chinese drywall can remove electrical receptacle plates to see if the cooper ground wire has turned black. If a homeowner in any state sees this, they should call the Homeowners Consumer Center immediately at 866-714-6466.
- Oven, or stove elements, or refrigerator coils may have failed in the homes, or condominiums a number of times. The homeowners Consumer Center has also discovered that computer, microwave information display panels may have failed in homes, where the toxic Chinese drywall is present.
- Light bulbs in homes with toxic Chinese drywall may burn out at a much faster rate than specified by the manufacturer.
- High end silver jewelry, or silver plated utensils may be tarnished
Important note: Homes with toxic Chinese drywall may, or may not have a rotten egg/sulphur smell. In some cases a homeowners eyes may burn. Other homeowners have described acid type smells, or again no smell at all.
What US States have had positive confirmations of toxic Chinese drywall in their homes? Florida, Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, The Carolina's, Louisiana, Nevada, California, Arizona, Missouri, and a growing list of other states. Americas Watchdog is now adding Canada as another country where toxic Chinese drywall has been used.
If a homeowner lives in a home that was built or remodeled in any US state or the Western Provinces of Canada built or remodeled after 2001, who have these symptoms, they should contact the Homeowners Consumer Center at 866-714-6466 or contact the group via their web site at Http://HomeownersConsumerCenter.Com
Americas Watchdog's Homeowners Consumer Center is all about Homeowner protection & corporate responsibility.