This year's report meets a lot of the key issues head on and takes an unflinching look at the numbers. We're both realistic and optimistic going forward. Our view is that this market has an unlimited future once the economic crisis subsides, but there are still plenty of positive things that can be done right now amid the uncertainty.
Seattle, Washington (PRWEB) April 30, 2009
Cascadia Capital, LLC, a national investment banking firm focused on cutting-edge Web-based technology companies, today released its annual report on the current state and future prospects of the Internet New Media market.
The 2009 edition of the report is being published at a time of great uncertainty for Internet entrepreneurs, executives, investors and acquirers. After years of unfettered growth and technological innovation in the space, business and financial activity have slowed considerably despite legions of smart new ideas, products, services and business models.
To help bring insight and intelligence to this muddled marketplace, Cascadia's Internet New Media analysis tries to address all the essential questions, including these 10:
1. What major Internet New Media advances will most likely be monetized over the next two years?
2. Who are the emerging Web 2.5 companies to watch - and why?
3. How damaged is M&A and financing activity in the Internet New Media space?
4. How is online marketing and advertising changing the overall world of marketing and advertising?
5. What kind of future growth can we expect from online advertising and search marketing?
6. What role will mobile devices play in both the consumer Internet and online market space?
7. When will the leading advertisers start advertising online in a significant way?
8. What are the major factors driving online marketing growth?
9. How should private companies in the Internet space be valued?
10. When will the Internet New Media market come back to pre-recession levels?
Cascadia's Internet New Media report also features a special section that offers up-to-date valuations of companies in the space as well as a valuation methodology for companies outperforming their peer group.
An Unflinching Look at the Numbers
"Like everyone else, we're trying to understand the impact that the recession is having on Internet entrepreneurs and innovators," says Warren Gouk, Managing Director at Cascadia and head of the firm's Internet New Media practice. "This year's report meets a lot of the key issues head on and takes an unflinching look at the numbers. We're both realistic and optimistic going forward. Our view is that this market has an unlimited future once the economic crisis subsides, but there are still plenty of positive things that can be done right now amid the uncertainty."
Cascadia's Internet New Media practice came out very strong in the recent national leadership rankings from The 451 Group.
In the Internet Content and Commerce rankings for 2008, Cascadia was ranked #3 in the country across all investment banks, right behind Goldman Sachs.
Cascadia was ranked above Deutsche Bank, JP Morgan, Bank of America, Lazard and Barclay's.
To obtain a copy of Cascadia's 2009 Internet New Media report, please contact Warren Gouk at wgouk (at) cascadiacapital (dot) com.
# # #