Foster City, Calif. (PRWEB) May 5, 2009
Shoprate.com, an Internet marketplace dedicated to connecting visitors with quality lenders, recently underwent a massive redesign to better serve visitors through improved usability and enriched content. In today's uncertain economy, Shoprate.com answers tough consumer questions about mortgage rates, refinancing options, home buying and more.
Home buying and mortgage financing have become increasingly difficult for consumers to keep up with and understand. Add in new government plans like Obama's Making Home Affordable proposal, tax breaks and state-funded initiatives, and home loan applicants could end up shell-shocked, brain-fried and discouraged. Shoprate.com addresses these concerns with its newly designed site, providing visitors with daily interest rate quotes, mortgage news, mortgage calculators, rate lock recommendations and a new expert opinion section.
"Shoprate.com's new features allow everyone, from first-time home buyers to professional investors, to follow interest rates and trends, and even find well-researched advice on loans ranging from low-income USDA products to $50 million super-jumbo transactions," mortgage expert and Shoprate.com Spokesperson, Liz Freeman said. "Users can even get a bona fide expert to answer their questions personally."
Shoprate.com's extensive redesign includes the following:
- The Mortgage Interest Rate Table provides users with the best available interest rates. Whether looking to buy their first home or to find the best refinance quote, the interest rate table helps users make smarter decisions when shopping for a mortgage.
- Regular Mortgage Rate Updates. It's common for rates to update every few hours as volatile bond and mortgage-backed securities markets drive rates in different directions. Shoprate.com brings you those up-to-date rates.
- Ask the Expert. The Shoprate.com panel of highly qualified and experienced mortgage experts provides answers to a wide variety of user-submitted questions.
- Daily Mortgage Rate Analysis, Trends and Rate Lock Recommendations. Each business day, Shoprate.com experts comb the bond and mortgage-backed securities markets, the stock markets and government economic reports, and compile it into one easy-to-read brief for consumers.
- Weekly Articles offer tips on mortgage shopping, home loan price determination, mortgage insurance and benefits. Articles also address how to find a loan professional and how to make credit and loan applications impress underwriters.
- Mortgage Calculators are invaluable tools for helping mortgage shoppers determine how much house they can afford, what kind of loan they may qualify for, how monthly payments are applied to the loan balance and when to refinance.
For mortgage shoppers looking for a first home and an FHA loan, or homeowners wondering if they qualify for a refinance or modification under the HASP program, Shoprate.com's revitalized tools and panel of experts can point them in the right direction. Shoprate.com's expert opinion section can be found at http://www.shoprate.com/expert-opinion.
Shoprate.com is a trusted resource where consumers can compare mortgage rates, read expert advice and analyze data before making financial decisions. The site's renewed focus on high quality content and usability has allowed Shoprate.com to become an online leader in mortgage, home equity and refinancing information.