New York, NY (PRWEB) May 12, 2009
The Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT®) today announced that CureMD EHR v10 complies with updated interoperability requirements, is a conditionally CCHIT Certified® 08 Ambulatory EHR pending completion of advanced ePrescribing requirements and meets the Certification Commission's electronic health record (EHR) criteria for office-based use. The Certification Commission, a private, nonprofit organization, is the Recognized Certification Body in the United States for certifying health information technology products.
In the third year of the program's operation, the criteria and testing have been significantly updated again to provide physicians with more assurance that certified products will meet their needs for functionality, interoperability and security. The Commission added 19 criteria to the 200 required in 2007. Those changes were focused on the ability to exchange patient information with other systems.
A CCHIT Certified 08 Ambulatory EHR ensures:
1. Additional electronic prescribing features: access to the patient's medication history, formulary, and eligibility.
2. Better and safer medication dosing, adjusted for patient weight and other factors.
3. Better ability to prevent adverse reactions due to drug interactions or allergies.
4. Support of CCD (Continuity of Care Document) allowing the import and export of patient data from CureMD EHR v10 to other EHRs
5. Enhanced ability to view X-rays and other diagnostic images
6. Better management of patient consents and authorizations
7. Increased use of standard formats when receiving and storing laboratory results.
As a CCHIT Certified product, CureMD EHR v10 has been tested and passed inspection of 100 percent of the above criteria.
CCHIT® 08 Certification was achieved for the MedTech Journal 2008 Innovation Award winning CureMD EHR v10 that establishes:
1. Improved Coordination and Management of Care
2. Efficiency and Effectiveness of Operations
3. Improvements in Quality of Outcomes
4. High level End User Adaptability
5. Simplified User workflow and Interface
"CureMD v10 is a step forward in simplifying clinical decisions; it helps providers utilize advanced technology that was difficult to adapt. We are proud to ensure patient safety by helping providers make right decisions more effectively than ever before. The CCHIT 08 certification validates our efforts to deliver feature rich solutions that doctors love to use", said Kamal Hashmat, CEO CureMD Corporation.
The CCHIT Certified seal of approval for EHR products provides a consensus-based, government-recognized benchmark for ambulatory EHR products. By looking to products with the CCHIT Certified seal, physicians and other providers can reduce their risk in selecting an EHR product, allowing them to focus their evaluation on the special needs of their practices.
The Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT®) is a private, nonprofit organization that has been named by the federal government as the Recognized Certification Body for health information technology. Its mission is to accelerate the adoption of health information technology by creating a credible, sustainable certification program. The certification requirements are based on widely accepted industry standards and involve the work of hundreds of expert volunteers and input from a variety of stakeholders throughout the health care industry. More information on CCHIT and CCHIT Certified® products is available at http://www.cchit.org and http://www.ehrdecisions.com.
CureMD is the leading provider of innovative health information management solutions that transform the administrative and clinical operations of healthcare organizations of all sizes. CureMD's revolutionary technology simplifies decision making, streamlines operations and ensures compliance to industry standards and best practices, ultimately saving time and effort to maximize value and returns. Visit http://www.curemd.com for more information.