The event was very well organized and we were honored to be chosen by the judges and audience from among such a great set of businesses and women leading them. I hope we all do well and kudos to the folks at Women 2.0.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 16, 2009
Women 2.0 announced today that LumaDerm, a company focused on innovations in cancer imaging, early detection and treatment, swept the Pitch 2009 startup competition.
During the Pitch 2009 event, LumaDerm was awarded:
- Grand prize: Live judges selected LumaDerm to win the prized investor meeting with Michael Moritz of Sequoia Capital, along with office space, public relations and marketing services, legal support and more.
- People's Choice Award: Pitch 2009 attendees voted with their mobile phones and selected LumaDerm as the winner of the People's Choice Award.
- VentureBeat's Best Media Story Award: VentureBeat writer Eric Eldon selected LumaDerm for this award.
- The other four companies that participated as finalists in the Women 2.0 Pitch 2009 competition were CSRware Inc., GenGreen, Giddy, Inc., and GiftAloft.
- View all finalists video submissions on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/women2org
"With less than 5 percent female founders launching new tech startups, we look forward to following the growth of LumaDerm and the product's ability to impact peoples' lives, " said Shaherose Charania, co-founder of Women 2.0. "Pitch is the right platform for early stage ventures like LumaDerm to gain exposure to top investors and leaders of Silicon Valley, while gaining valuable feedback to accelerate the growth of their companies."
― Shaherose Charania, co-founder of Women 2.0
"Women 2.0 has given us a much needed boost in getting our business to where we need to be, not only through the prizes offered, but also the wonderful people we met at the event," said Anju Mathew, Co-founder and Director of Business Development, LumaDerm. "The event was very well organized and we were honored to be chosen by the judges and audience from among such a great set of businesses and women leading them. I hope we all do well and kudos to the folks at Women 2.0."
― Anju Mathew, Co-founder and Director of Business Development, LumaDerm
About Women 2.0
Women 2.0 is an organization committed to increasing the number of women entrepreneurs starting high growth ventures by providing the resources, the network, and the knowledge to help them launch and grow their companies. The organization's vision is to be a catalyst for change, mobilizing a global community of ambitious women entrepreneurs seeking to advance the world through technology. Women 2.0 is headquartered in San Francisco.