HFM U.S. is focusing on growth and investment in our core areas of strength, including the women's brands and our automotive group.
New York, N.Y. (PRWEB) June 4, 2009
DeSilva+Phillips, the Mediabankers ™, announces that its client Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. (HFM U.S.) sold five magazine titles to Bonnier Corp.: Popular Photography, Flying, Boating, Sound & Vision and American Photography. HFM U.S. made the decision to divest these brands as part of its strategy to consolidate and expand its primary automotive and women's media content areas.
DeSilva+Phillips represented HFM U.S. in the transaction. "These five titles are all venerable magazine brands and the sale generated a lot of interested buyers," said Reed Phillips, the managing partner who led the DeSilva+Phillips transaction team. "Bonnier's strong commitment to enthusiast magazines makes it the ideal buyer and future steward of these titles."
"We are pleased that Bonnier Corp. has purchased these enthusiast titles, and we think that these brands will find the support and synergies they need to prosper," said Alain Lemarchand, President and CEO, Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. "HFM U.S. is focusing on growth and investment in our core areas of strength, including the women's brands and our automotive group."
In addition to print magazines, the five titles have brand extensions including Web sites, books, licensing agreements, videos and branded events.
Highlights of the HFM U.S. brands sold to Bonnier:
- Popular Photography is the world's largest photography magazine and the leading technical authority, buyers guide and how-to resource for the photo enthusiast.
- Flying holds a special place in the world of general and business aviation. It has been the voice of aviation since Lindbergh departed Roosevelt Field for his historic nonstop transatlantic flight to Paris in 1927. Its mission is to inform, educate and entertain pilots and would-be pilots.
- Boating, an industry leader for 50 years, delivers an entertaining mix of lively feature stories and in-depth how-to service articles for its 2.32 million readers, the largest audience in the boating category. (source: Spring 09 MRI)
- Sound & Vision is the world's most comprehensive and engaging home entertainment magazine. It offers the freshest editorial content in the category, with each issue bringing readers the latest products and technological breakthroughs in home theater, audio, video and multimedia products.
- American Photo offers a unique visual environment and an authoritative editorial voice which inspire and inform an audience of advanced photography enthusiasts and photo professionals.
About Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. (HFM U.S.)
Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S.'s brands (http://www.hfmus.com) reach consumers through magazines, online and mobile content, as well as other extensions including books, television, radio and branded events. The company's editorial hallmark is trusted expert content along with independent product testing. Our prestigious brands fall into four sectors: Fashion (ELLE, ELLEgirl); The Luxury Design Group (ELLE DECOR, Metropolitan Home and PointClickHome); Women & Health (Woman's Day, Woman's Day Special Interest Publications); and Automotive and Motorcycling (Car and Driver, Road & Track, Jumpstart Automotive Media and Cycle World). HFM U.S. is part of Lagardère's (http://www.lagardere.com) media division Lagardère Active, a producer of special-interest content in more than 40 countries.
About Bonnier Corp.
Bonnier Corp. (http://www.bonniercorp.com) is one of the largest consumer-publishing groups in America and is the leading media company serving passionate, highly engaged audiences, through 49 special-interest magazines and related multimedia projects and events. Bonnier Corp. is the U.S. division of the Bonnier Group (http://www.bonnier.com), a 200-year-old family-owned media group based in Sweden with business operations in 25 countries.
About DeSilva+Phillips, The Mediabankers ™
DeSilva+Phillips, The Mediabankers, is a New York-based investment bank which advises dealmnakers in every area of the media, information and related technology markets.
DeSilva+Philips provides M&A advisory, corporate restructuring services and private placements of debt and equity to the medical and healthcare media, magazine, Internet, newspaper, book publishing, trade shows & events, information, educational, and marketing-services industries. DeSilva+Phillips, the Mediabankers, has completed more than 200 transactions since 1996, including the March 2009 sale of its client Microsoft's subsidiary FranchiseGator. Its broker-dealer affiliate, DeSilva+Phillips Corporate Finance LLC, is a member FINRA and SIPC. For more information visit http://www.Mediabankers.com.