With many holiday bargains and great value travel add-ons available, you don't actually need to be as rich as the Queen to afford a well-earned break.
London, UK (PRWEB) June 6, 2009
More than half of Holidayextras.com customers would book a round-the-world trip if they were as wealthy as the Queen.
To mark the Queen's official birthday on June 13, Holiday Extras asked customers what kind of luxury holiday they would choose if they were as rich as our monarch. Fifty one per cent of those responding said they would travel round the world.
A break on a private island got 22 per cent of customers' votes in the online poll, with a six-star cruise and a trip on a private yacht each appealing to 11 per cent of customers.
Just five per cent of Holiday Extras travellers fancied a stay in the penthouse suite of a top hotel. Unable to take a holiday herself, the Queen will be working on June 13 and will attend Trooping the Colour which is held in her honour.
Mike Whiting, managing editor of Holidayextras.com, said: "Cash is a big issue for everyone right now, but it's always fun to dream about where we would go if money were no object.
"With many holiday bargains and great value travel add-ons available, you don't actually need to be as rich as the Queen to afford a well-earned break."
For advice on holiday finances and a range of other travel topics, visit http://www.holidayextras.com/experts.
Note to editors
- Results are based on the responses of 481 Holiday Extras customers taken between April 14 and 21, 2009.
Holiday Extras has won many different awards including:
- Travel Weekly Awards 2009 - Best Travel Insurance Provider
- British Travel Awards - Best Airport Parking Company
- Top 50 Call Centres for Customer Service
At Holiday Extras you can get a range of services which include travel insurance, gatwick parking and pre-booked airport lounges.
And here are some interesting fast facts about Holidays Extras:
- 1.2 million airport parking bookings for 2007/08
- 433,186 airport hotel rooms sold in 2007/08
- Owns and manages approximately 24,500 parking spaces through Airparks brand at eight UK airports
- Offer 60,000 parking spaces at 26 UK airports and two UK ports
- Offer lounges at 18 UK airports