Family rooms are an excellent option for those with an early flight or a long journey to the airport, and are a great way of keeping travel-stress to a minimum.
London, UK (PRWEB) June 6, 2009
To make sure that families get the best possible start to their holidays, HolidayExtras.com is launching a summer of family friendly deals.
According to research, the majority of travellers assume that family rooms cost up to twice as much as they can do in reality.
More than four in ten people (43%) would use family rooms if the price was right, so to help more families enjoy a happy start to their trip, HolidayExtras.com is now offering 3-star family rooms from £49* when booked in advance at http://www.holidayextras.com .
Great deals on family rooms are just one initiative that can make family travel fun and stress-free. In addition, 15 UK airport lounges will now accept children, all bookable through HolidayExtras.com.
For those with babies, HolidayExtras.com offers FREE cots at all of its hotels, subject to availability.
Mike Whiting, managing editor of Holiday Extras, said: "Family rooms are an excellent option for those with an early flight or a long journey to the airport, and are a great way of keeping travel-stress to a minimum."
Families can also take advantage of Holiday Extras' Airports by Rail, which offers reduced rail rates to selected airports with unrestricted travel times and kids travel FREE**.
To make your booking even simpler, Holiday Extras has advice for those travelling as a family:
- A family room is based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing
- If one child is aged 16 or more, they are considered an adult, and there may be a small supplement to pay - remember to check
- If both children are aged 16 or more, you'll need to book two rooms
- When you book, be sure to ask if the hotel room is suitable for older children, with adequate sized beds to guarantee a good night's sleep
- If you have an even larger family, ask if the hotel has interconnecting rooms - some do
- If you have a very young toddler or baby, book a double room and request a cot, rather than a family room
- Book now for your summer holiday for an unbeatable price
To take advantage of the great value family hotel rooms at UK airports or find out more, visit HolidayExtras.com or call 0871 360 2186.
Note to editors
- The research was conducted with Holiday Extras customers in May 2009.
- A child aged over 15 years old is regarded by most hotels as an adult.
- Note that FREE rail travel for children is not available on routes via the Trans Pennine Express. On these routes children are charged at half the adult fare.
Holiday Extras has won many different awards including:
- Travel Weekly Awards 2009 - Best Travel Insurance Provider
- British Travel Awards - Best Airport Parking Company
- Top 50 Call Centres for Customer Service
At Holiday Extras you can get a range of services which include travel insurance, gatwick parking and pre-booked airport lounges.
And here are some interesting fast facts about Holidays Extras:
- 1.2 million airport parking bookings for 2007/08
- 433,186 airport hotel rooms sold in 2007/08
- Owns and manages approximately 24,500 parking spaces through Airparks brand at eight UK airports
- Offer 60,000 parking spaces at 26 UK airports and two UK ports
- Offer lounges at 18 UK airports
# # #