As only customers can vote, the awards will highlight which companies are really giving travellers what they want.
London, UK (PRWEB) June 6, 2009
Holiday Extras, the UK market-leader in travel add-ons, is giving its 3.1 million customers the opportunity to recognise and reward the travel industry's shining stars in what promises to be one of the biggest, and fairest travel awards; the Holiday Extras Customers' Awards 2009.
Only Holiday Extras customers travelling via a UK airport will be eligible to cast votes in ten different categories, ranging from best UK airport, best airport hotel and best airline, to the airline with the best cabin crew and those recommended as most family-friendly.
Voting for the awards will take place between May 19 and September 30, 2009 with winners announced at a ceremony in London on November 9, 2009.
Mike Whiting, managing editor at Holiday Extras, has been instrumental in the organisation of the awards:
"The Holiday Extras Customers' Awards are about real travellers and their latest travel experiences and satisfaction levels. The awards will provide valuable insights into how our customers genuinely feel about their airport experiences.
"As only customers can vote, the awards will highlight which companies are really giving travellers what they want."
Those who vote can enter a FREE prize draw to win 15 days Meet and Greet parking and an overnight stay at a 4-star hotel the night before their flight.
Note to editors
Holiday Extras has won many different awards including:
- Travel Weekly Awards 2009 - Best Travel Insurance Provider
- British Travel Awards - Best Airport Parking Company
- Top 50 Call Centres for Customer Service
At Holiday Extras you can get a range of services which include travel insurance, gatwick parking and pre-booked airport lounges.
And here are some interesting fast facts about Holidays Extras:
- 1.2 million airport parking bookings for 2007/08
- 433,186 airport hotel rooms sold in 2007/08
- Owns and manages approximately 24,500 parking spaces through Airparks brand at eight UK airports
- Offer 60,000 parking spaces at 26 UK airports and two UK ports
- Offer lounges at 18 UK airports
About this release:
- Entry into the FREE prize draw will be subject to Holiday Extras' usual email sign-up terms and conditions.