This agreement builds on our proven track record of helping more than 100 colleges and universities make banking easier and more convenient for their campus communities.
Morgantown, W.Va. (PRWEB) June 8, 2009
PNC Bank, N.A. and WVU have announced a new five-year contract with an emphasis on money management and financial responsibility for WVU's more than 39,000 students, faculty and staff. This includes WVU's eRefund option through PNC Payment Portal, a new on-line tool that administers payments and refunds from the school directly to the student's account for faster delivery.
"I am very pleased with the agreement with PNC, which is highly regarded as the nation's fifth largest bank. The bank will not only offer the convenience that busy students and employees expect in campus banking services, but also security measures to give customers peace of mind," said David Kosslow, director of WVU's treasury operations. Kosslow also noted that WVU sought student input in the contract process.
This alliance school agreement will include a branch in the Mountainlair, opening in August. This would be PNC's first branch in the state of West Virginia and the 14th state overall. PNC also announced plans to open a full-service branch in Morgantown in the first quarter 2010.
"We are excited to be able to provide the students, faculty and staff of WVU - the state's flagship institution of higher education - with convenient and user-friendly resources to help manage their money and meet their personal banking needs," said Nickolas Certo, senior vice president for university banking at PNC. "This agreement builds on our proven track record of helping more than 100 colleges and universities make banking easier and more convenient for their campus communities."
Highlights of the agreement with PNC include:
- The Mountainlair branch will feature two advanced function ATMs and teller services.
- ATM locations to include: seven on the main campus; Potomac State College of WVU in Keyser; and WVU Institute of Technology in Montgomery.
- A co-branded PNC Bank Visa Check Card, emblazoned with the WVU logo and available to any PNC customer, to be used at ATMs and to make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted.
- PNC AutoAlerts help students monitor spending and account balances and avoid fees. Students receive one free incoming wire transfer per monthly statement cycle and one free courtesy overdraft waiver during the 12 months after account opening.
- Customized co-branded Web sites (http://www.pnc.com/wvu), hosted by PNC, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information on topics including identity protection.
PNC has relationships with more than 100 schools across an eight-state region, including 17 alliance schools that have extensive relationships with PNC, including Penn State University, the University of Pittsburgh, Marymount University and Seton Hall University.
PNC Bank, N.A., a member of The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. (NYSE:PNC), is one of the nation's largest diversified financial services organizations providing consumer and business banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management; asset management and global fund services.