Manchester, UK (PRWEB) June 14, 2009
Swinton, the UK's leading high street retailer of motorcycle insurance, believes that although dropping speed limits has helped to reduce the number of accidents on the British roads, further measures could still be taken to make roads safer. These include:
- Bend tightening
- Slopes on road surfaces at roundabouts
- Manholes moved to better locations
- Sightlines and signage at junctions
Anthony Aronin, Head of Swinton Bikes, said: "Many people believe that speed is the main cause of motorbike accidents, but government statistics show that this is not the case. Most crashes are caused by poor road conditions and weather, fuel spillages, obstructions on the road and most often poor road design.
"Many UK roads aren't designed with bikes in mind, and we understand that to overhaul the entire British road system is unfeasible. However by making a few small changes it might be possible to drastically reduce the number of accidents and number of motorbike insurance claims."
For more information contact Michael Travers or Anoushka Foster at Manchester PR agency SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770.
- With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates