San Diego, CA (PRWEB) June 15, 2009
SmartDraw.com, maker of SmartDraw, the software that helps you work smarter by communicating visually, today announced that the world-famous "for Dummies" series has added a book about SmartDraw to its stable of well-regarded how-to software books. The 336-page book is available at Amazon.com (http://tinyurl.com/lntpww) and at most major bookstores now.
Co-written by SmartDraw.com's Dan Hoffman, Vice President of Marketing, SmartDraw for Dummies helps users get the most out of their SmartDraw investment by providing detailed instructions, tips, tricks, and out-of-the-box ideas for using every SmartDraw feature. The book includes segments on:
- Getting Started with SmartDraw: an introduction to flowcharts, organizational charts, mindmaps, and other graphics; how to create these graphics; drawing lines and shapes; working with text; and printing options.
- Embellishing Your Graphics: using themes, styles and effects; working with tables; inserting images; and working with layers.
- Creating Business Graphics: the nuts and bolts how-to's of creating charts, fashioning flowcharts, crafting organizational charts, building floor plans, making mindmaps and working with live Google maps.
- Using SmartDraw with MS Office® and the Web: how to export to many different formats and applications; how to animate your business graphics; and how to take what you've created to the Web.
- The Part of Tens: a humorous yet eye-opening segment that includes the 10 commandments of SmartDraw; 10 odd and unusual templates; 10 tips for creating great graphics; and 10 things you may not have known about SmartDraw.
"Our goal in writing this book was to create a readable and valuable reference guide for businesspeople who are just starting out with SmartDraw, and to provide some new ideas for those who've owned SmartDraw for quite a while," said Hoffman. "SmartDraw for Dummies is our way of making the easiest and most powerful visual productivity software in the world an even greater business asset."
SmartDraw.com is the creator of SmartDraw, software that helps you work smarter by communicating visually. Because people are six time more likely to retain and understand information presented to them visually, SmartDraw helps businesses increase their bottom line by improving communication, refining operations, completing projects on time, and successfully implementing their plans. Whether it's a flowchart to explain a business process, a Gantt chart to show a project schedule or an organizational chart, SmartDraw is unique because it draws more than 70 different types of visuals for you, including timelines, maps, charts, decision trees and floor plans, resulting in presentation-quality visuals in just minutes. The company's customers include more than half of the members of the Fortune 500, 2,000 K-12 schools and universities, and thousands of law firms, police departments, health systems and private enterprises of all sizes. In fact, SmartDraw is downloaded more than 3 million times each year. Founded in 1994, SmartDraw.com is a privately-held, San Diego, CA-based company and is part of the Working Smarter Network. For more information or to download a free trial version, please visit http://www.smartdraw.com.
# # #