Based on extensive interactions with partners and customers, we know that end-users are concerned about maintaining the quality of their user experience as they move to virtual desktops. VideoOverIP 1.0 is the first step in addressing this concern
Austin, TX (PRWEB) June 16, 2009
VDIworks, a virtual desktop software provider with a long history in centralized computing, today announced the release of its new high-speed connection protocol for virtual desktops, VideoOverIP 1.0. This release drastically improves the user experience delivered in a hosted virtual desktop model, while also allowing customers full freedom to choose their preferred client and host hardware.
While a variety of connection remoting protocols exist in the industry today, many are unsuited for multimedia playback, others are tied to specific Thinclients or server hardware and yet others have technical limitations related to the kinds of video they can accelerate. VideoOverIP is designed to overcome these challenges and provide an enhanced set of features to both the IT manager and the end-user. Version 1.0 of VideoOverIP includes the following key features:
1) Multi-monitor support
2) High degree of configurability to deal with network conditions; configurable audio buffers, configurable compression levels, GDI and mirror driver modes etc.
3) Universal codec independent acceleration; Flash®, MPEG, DivX and all other kinds of animation and video are accelerated without any need for codecs on the Thinclient
4) KVM and Audio redirection
5) Support for Hypervisors; Microsoft Hyper-V®, VMware Virtual Server and VMware ESX
6) Standalone mode and full integration with VDIworks VDP Management Platform and Connection Broker
7) Support for embedded SKUs of Windows® for deployment on Thinclients
8) Support for 1:1 operation; Server, Blade PC and legacy PC remoting is also supported without the use of Hypervisors
"Based on extensive interactions with partners and customers, we know that end-users are concerned about maintaining the quality of their user experience as they move to virtual desktops. VideoOverIP 1.0 is the first step in addressing this concern", said Amir Husain, President and CEO of VDIworks. "Customer demand for our VideoOverIP solution has been exceptionally strong because it solves the end-user performance issues that IT organizations have encountered with desktop virtualization."
VideoOverIP is available immediately and supports Windows XPe clients, Windows XP hosts, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware Virtual Server and VMware ESX. For more information and to register for an evaluation, please visit: http://www.vdiworks.com/
VDIworks makes easy-to-use software that enables IT managers to centrally create, deploy and manage virtual desktop infrastructure. The company's technology is based on more than 20 filed and awarded patents and is built on five generations of proven success with enterprise environments. VDIworks offers ultimate flexibility and preserves customer choice by giving customers the ability to deploy the right solution for the right user type, utilize any back-end hardware, end-point user access device or virtualization technology for desktop virtualization. The VDIworks Virtual Desktop Platform streamlines and simplifies virtual desktop deployments, enabling IT organizations to gain improved management and control, ensuring data and asset security, delivering a superior end-user experience, and ensuring the business continuity and cost reductions promised by desktop virtualization to companies around the world. For more information on VDIworks, visit http://www.vdiworks.com.