San Diego, California (PRWEB) July 2, 2009
DVEO, the broadcast division of CMI, is now shipping their newest SD-SDI and HD-SDI input or output card targeted for use in video servers and workstations.
HD-SDI Master™ I or O PCIe LP is a single channel HD/SD-SDI (SMPTE 292M and SMPTE 259M) input or output card. A simple firmware change converts the input card to an output card, and vice-versa -- providing the functionality of two cards for the price of one. Supported standards include 1080i and 720p at 50 Hz, 60 Hz and 59.94 Hz rates, and 1080p at 23.97 Hz, 24 Hz, 25 Hz, 29.97 Hz and 30 Hz.
HD-SDI (SMPTE 292M) is the primary interface worldwide for High Definition digital uncompressed video. SD-SDI (SMPTE 259M) is the primary interface for Standard Definition digital video.
On board DDR memory and a proprietary firmware design are used to buffer the transmit data to account for system latency as the data flows from the PCIe bus.
The input features for the HD-SDI Master I or O PCIe LP include automatic standards detection between 720 and 1080, automatic cable equalization, and input monitoring of CRC errors. The output mode features tri-level sync input for transmit frame and rate synchronization, so transmit streams can be synchronized with other HD/SD-SDI streams for switching, editing and overlays.
Software support includes free drivers for Linux®, Windows® XP, Windows® Server 2003 and Windows® Server 2008, plus full DirectShow® support. A developer API, as well as sample applications, are also provided.
"We're proud to help broadcasters, production companies, and corporate media departments meet the fast-growing demand for HD content," said Laszlo Zoltan, Sales Manager for DVEO. "Our HD-SDI Master card is ideal for HD-SDI servers, post-processing, capturing or sending HD or SD video, and electronic news gathering. And because it can switch between receiving and transmitting, it is an excellent value."
The new single channel HD-SDI card will be featured in Europe at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, September 11-15, at Stand 2.C33.
Supplemental Information for Press Release
Features - HD-SDI Master I or O PCIe LP
- One software selectable HD/SD-SDI input or output channel on a low profile PCI Express card
- Input card can be converted to output card, or output card can be converted to input card
- Receives or transmits uncompressed HD/SD-SDI at bit rate up to 1.485 Gbps
- One lane (x1) low profile PCIe v1.1 card
- Uses highly efficient Bus Master Link List DMA for data transfer (saving CPU resources)
- Supported standards include 1080i, and 720p at 50 Hz, 60 Hz and 59.94 Hz rates, and 1080p at 23.97 Hz, 24 Hz, 25 Hz, 29.97 Hz and 30 Hz
- Onboard DDR memory buffers data to account for latencies in data transactions on the PCIe bus
- Able to store four frames of data in either V210 or UYVY (also called Four CC code)
- Handles up to 8 channels of embedded audio
- Field Upgradeable Firmware
- RoHS compliant (2002/95/EC)
- Linux® and Windows® support
- Receiver: Automatic Standards detection, Automatic cable equalization of up to 200m of Belden 1694A cable at 1.485 Gbps, Input monitoring of CRC errors for both the Y and Cb/Cr lines of the input stream
- Transmitter: Tri-level sync input for transmit frame and rate synchronization
Suggested Retail Price:
HD-SDI Master I or O PCIe LP - $995 U.S.
DVEO and HD-SDI Master are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
About CMI and DVEO
CMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO, the Broadcast Division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
For more information on CMI and DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818. To download DVEO's press releases and product images, visit the news section at http://www.dveo.com/.
DVEO, 11409 West Bernardo Ct. San Diego, CA, 92127
Web: http://www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815