Bryn Mawr, PA (PRWEB) July 2, 2009
The American College, the nation's premier educator of financial services professionals, announced today the appointment of eight senior industry and academic thought leaders to the Advisory Board of the New York Life Center for Retirement Income. They are:
- John Ameriks, Ph.D., Principal and Head of the Investment Counseling & Research Group, Vanguard.
- Andy Barksdale, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Relationship Management, LPL Financial Institution Services.
- Garth A. Bernard, President and CEO, Sharper Financial Group L.L.C.
- Paul Horrocks, Corporate Vice President, Individual Annuity Department, New York Life Insurance Company.
- Michael Lackey, CLU®, ChFC®, Vice President, Agency Department, New York Life Insurance Company.
- David A. Littell, JD, ChFC®, CFP®, Joseph E. Boettner Chair in Research, Professor of Taxation, The American College.
- R. Morris Sims, MSM, CLU®, ChFC®, Vice President and Chief Learning Officer, Agency, New York Life Insurance Company.
- Walt Woerheide, PhD, CFP®, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dean, Frank M. Engle Distinguished Chair in Economic Security Research, Professor of Investments, The American College.
"It is an amazing opportunity to have this accomplished group help shape the Center," said Kenn Beam Tacchino, JD, Director of the New York Life Center for Retirement Income. "Their clarity of vision will help the Center become one of the foremost academic authorities in the field of retirement income studies.
"The College is fortunate to have such influential friends willing to lend their talents to this exciting undertaking," said Larry Barton, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of The American College. "Today, we are in the midst of the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression but thanks to the in-depth scholarship, research and information provided by the New York Life Center for Retirement Income, financial advisors, consumers and key economic decision-makers have access to the critical information they need to better understand the financial implications of their retirement options."
The New York Life Center for Retirement Income at The American College produces state-of-the-art education for financial service professionals interested in obtaining advanced knowledge concerning retirement concepts and strategies. Funded in 2007 by a generous gift from New York Life Insurance Company, the Center pursues several objectives on behalf of professionals seeking to elevate their financial services practice. These include the creation of an annual guide for retirement planners and a series of videos featuring insights from industry thought leaders. To see these videos online, visit TheAmericanCollege.edu/subpage.php?pageId=1126
The Center also will partner with leading organizations that serve seniors, both within and outside the life insurance industry. The objective of the Center is to elevate the technical knowledge of financial advisors and agents in matters related to the complex and numerous retirement decisions facing clients.
The American College is dedicated to leadership in innovative training and development that helps financial services companies and their employees succeed. As a non-profit educational institution holding the highest level of academic accreditation, The College has served as a valued business partner to banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies and others for over 82 years. The American College's faculty represents some of the financial services industry's foremost thought leaders. For more information, visit TheAmericanCollege.edu
# # #