Ottawa, Canada (PRWEB) July 2, 2009
The Utility Company®, a leading provider of virtual IT service and support for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB), today announced the release of its Connected Office® 4.0 service program.
"Connected Office 4.0 takes our menu of services more 'vertical' and 'virtual'," stated Mark Scott, President and founder of The Utility Company. "We have spent the past 18-months developing Connected Office 4.0 based on feedback from our customers and partners across North America. The result is that our customers can have their technology, communications and vertical business software either delivered or managed remotely 'in the cloud' by The Utility Company."
Our Connected Office 4.0 virtual IT service program is designed specifically for small and medium-sized businesses to provide a single point of contact to deliver and manage their technology, communications and vertical line of business applications - 95% Remote; 100% Proactive. Connected Office 4.0 focuses on all aspects of an SMB's technology needs - as simple as desktop and network operations to as comprehensive as virtual IT and supporting vertical business software, and includes:
- 1-866-My-Utility Live Helpdesk - support users with secure remote access to network and desktops for on-demand service and training.
- Remote Monitoring and Management - network, desktop / laptop, security and data-back-up 24x7. One of the only MSPAlliance™ Accredited Master MSPs.
- Security and Protection - ongoing anti-virus and patch management service. Comprehensive security management concentrated in three areas of exploitation - perimeter, remote access and end-users.
- Online Backup and Storage - remote backup of servers, desktops and laptops for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Asset and Lifecycle Management - tracking of all hardware and software assets, including updates, usage and compliance.
- Communications Services - Virtual Exchange with advanced email and anti-spam; Managed Voice-over-IP; Mobile Integration - Blackberry©, iPhone™ and Microsoft™ devices.
- Business Applications - Vertical line of business application expertise through our Utility Certified Vendor Program; accounting and customer relationship management.
- Hardware/Software - full range of hardware and software to meet your network, desktop and security requirements with both on-premise and virtual server and desktop options.
- Onsite Service - network/security assessment, emergency support, onsite maintenance, end-user training.
- Utility Meter Reading - business-technology assessment to quickly determine what you are spending on technology and how you are utilizing your investment.
Connected Office 4.0 service options are tailored to fit an SMB's specific business needs and includes:
- Connected Office Network - comprehensive network management package that includes 24x7 remote monitoring and management of critical network infrastructure.
- Connected Office Managed - end-to-end proactive technology support of network, desktops, security and data back-up including our 1-866-My-Utility end-user helpdesk.
- Connected Office Virtual - our virtual server, virtual desktop and virtual Exchange services provide a business utility-like technology with guaranteed uptime and quality of service.
Our vertical Connected Office programs extend our service coverage to include proactive support for industry-specific line of business applications. The programs combine the power of Utility's virtual IT service portfolio with its certified vendor program for line of business applications under the following vertical markets programs:
- CO Accounting
- CO Insurance
- CO Legal
- CO Financial
Please visit http://www.theutilitycompany.com/certified to see a complete list of supported products in these and other knowledge-based verticals, ranging from healthcare to real estate.
"We believe that a vertical approach to virtual IT brings tremendous cost-savings and value to our customers," concluded Scott. "In the new economy, businesses need to become more efficient and maximize their investment in areas like technology and human resources. Virtual IT service and support is a very good place to start!"
To learn more about The Utility Company and Connected Office 4.0 please visit our new website at http://www.theutilitycompany.com.
About The Utility Company®
The Utility Company® is a leading provider of virtual IT service and support for small and medium-sized businesses, delivering the required hardware, software and service for a monthly fixed fee per user. Our Connected Office® service program provides a single point of contact to deliver and manage technology, communications and vertical line of business applications - 95% Remote; 100% Proactive. Customers are supported by local Utility Service Providers delivering on-site service and business-technology consulting to reduce spending and increase utilization - our Beyond Managed Services® franchise opportunity is available by prospectus only. Learn how to make technology work for your business today at http://www.theutilitycompany.com.
For more information contact:
Director of Marketing