Austin, Texas (PRWEB) July 8, 2009
Phurnace Software, Inc., the Java application deployment company, today announced a strong start for 2009 in a tough economic climate. Average deal size increased over the same period last year with more customers signing enterprise-wide agreements for Phurnace's web application deployment solutions.
"We managed a good start to the year despite the difficult economy," said Larry Warnock, president and CEO of Phurnace Software. "IT departments are only looking at projects that significantly reduce spending, in many cases, within 90 days or less. Phurnace has proven that we can facilitate those projects and demonstrate rapid ROI. I think the rest of 2009 will continue to be a recessionary market, but we are optimistic that Phurnace will continue to meet or exceed its sales forecast."
New contracts came primarily from customer wins in the financial services and retail industries, where businesses are seeking to immediately reduce IT costs through data center automation.
"Our new customers are large Fortune 500 companies looking to automate current manual processes or eliminate the expense of custom-built deployment scripts," said John Balena, vice president of sales for Phurnace Software. "Almost all of our customers use Phurnace to augment an existing investment they've made in IT operations systems, such as HP Server Automation®, BMC BladeLogic® or IBM® Rational® and Tivoli® products. We complete the 'last mile' in deployment automation, providing complementary functionality to these existing systems."
Key accomplishments in the first half of 2009 include:
- Analyst accolades - Recognized in Gartner, Inc's "Cool Vendors in IT Operations and Virtualization" report - http://www.phurnace.com/press/march-18-2009-phurnace-software-named-cool-vendor-by-leading-analyst-firm.html
- Product enhancements - Released version 3.6 of Phurnace Deliver™, the company's flagship product, including expanded ease of use and advanced portal management features - http://www.phurnace.com/press/june-29-2009-phurnace-announces-general-availability-of-phurnace-deliver-3.6.html. Also added support for IBM WebSphere running on z/OS, the IBM mainframe operating system - http://www.phurnace.com/press/june-15-2009-phurnace-announces-support-for-ibm-websphere-on-z-os.html
- Cloud computing traction - Added company listing to the Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions catalog and successfully deployed a production instance of IBM WebSphere Portal software into the Amazon Elastic Cloud (Amazon EC2) - http://www.phurnace.com/press/may-5-2009-phurnace-provides-on-ramp-to-move-customer-facing-applications-to-the-amazon-cloud.html
- Third-party integrations - Added to a growing list of product integrations which now include: IBM® Rational® Build Forge®, IBM® Rational® ClearCase®, HP Server Automation®, BMC BladeLogic®, Electric Cloud® ElectricCommander® and several open source offerings including ANT, Hudson, CruiseControl and Subversion
- Management team - Named Patti Soch as vice president of finance and operations; and appointed Mike Turner, former IBM Tivoli executive and co-founder of Waveset (acquired by Sun Microsystems), to the company's board of directors
Phurnace provides comprehensive support for IT operations staff and developers during complex enterprise Java deployments to decrease errors, streamline deployments and avoid the downtime and outages that come with manual or script-based processes. The current user approach of paging through the console or building cumbersome scripts can be reduced or eliminated with Phurnace, therefore freeing up limited IT resources for more value-added tasks.
About Phurnace Software, Inc.
Phurnace Software helps companies drive revenue and dramatically reduce costs by accelerating the deployment of business critical applications into physical environments, virtual images or to cloud computing providers. Leveraging patent-pending technology, Phurnace automates web application deployments - from installation to deployment to upgrades - eliminating manual, error-prone processes and delivering tangible ROI within weeks. Based in Austin, Texas, Phurnace is funded by S3Ventures, DFJ Mercury and other private investors. http://www.phurnace.com.
Phurnace and the Phurnace flame logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Phurnace Software, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other names are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.