At Phones 4u we're recognised for our handset choice, delivering only the latest and absolute best in technology to the youth market, and so we're thrilled to be able to offer our customers the world's first 12-megapixel camera phone.
Leeds, UK (PRWeb UK) July 11, 2009
From the 1st August, Phones 4u will have a one-month exclusive lead to market on the Samsung Pixon12 - the world's first 12-megapixel camera phone, with full touch-screen, 28 mm wide angle lens, and innovative camera with instant share features.
The new Samsung Pixon12 breaks the mould in modern mobile and digital camera technology, with its 3.1 inch full touch 'AMOLED' screen and an abundance of the most advanced photo features that are sure to set the standard for camera phones in the future.
Boasting more than just a camera, the Samsung Pixon12 allows you to capture, browse and share your photos better than ever before. The touch auto focus tracking feature and dedicated camera power key make for picture perfect images every time.
Thanks to the Pixon12's 28mm wide angle lens and Xenon flash, as soon as you've taken digital camera quality images you can admire them in an outstanding contrast ratio of 10,000:1 on the full-touch 3.1" AMOLED screen.
With the Samsung Pixon12, sharing your favourite photos and videos with friends has never been simpler or quicker. With Samsung Share Pix, you can upload images and videos to your favourite social networking sites such as Facebook, Flickr, Photobucket, and MySpace quickly and easily.
Key features of the Samsung Pixon12 include:
- 12 MP camera phone
- Wide angle 28mm digital zoom with Xenon and Power LED flash
- 3.1'' full touch AMOLED LCD screen
- Instant Share function enabling instant upload of photos to social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace, Flikr, Photobucket
- Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and HSUPA allowing high speed internet connectivity
- Intelligent Auto, Object Tracking, Touch Focus, Smart Auto, Beauty Shot and Vintage Shot
Brendan Sweeney, Managing Director, Phones 4u said, "At Phones 4u we're recognised for our handset choice, delivering only the latest and absolute best in technology to the youth market, and so we're thrilled to be able to offer our customers the world's first 12-megapixel camera phone."
With a picture quality that exceeds most high-end digital cameras, the exclusive Samsung Pixon12 will be available at Phones 4u stores and online from the 1st August from £35 a month on selected networks.
However, it is available to pre-order NOW from Phones 4u at
About Phones 4u:
Phones 4u is an independent mobile retailer, offering all networks and handset manufacturers' products. It is part of the Staffordshire-based 4u Group, and the Group CEO is Tim Whiting. Leading the way in the mobile industry through its excellent customer service, award-winning advertising and differentiated in-store experience, Phones 4u has over 450 stores and is still growing. Phones 4u employs circa 6,000 people.
In 2008, Phones 4u won the Mobile industry award for Best Retailer in the UK and came top in Harding and Yorke's 2008 ERIC Customer Empathy Rating Index after it was recognised among the mobile industry players as demonstrating the most empathy and understanding towards its customers. It also ranked highly in the Harding and Yorke CXI League (Customer Experience Index) in December, which ranked in order the top 10 customer experiences across all industries of 2008. Phones 4u came in at 8th position and was the only mobile retailer to make it into the top 10.
Phones 4u recognises that buying a new phone can be a complex and confusing affair. Phones 4u cuts through this confusion with its unique consumer consultation process, resulting in accurate, impartial advice and a package that is right for each customer. As a result it sells more new contracts than anyone else on the High Street. http://www.phones4u.co.uk/
About Samsung Electronics:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2008 consolidated sales of US$96 billion. Employing approximately 164,600 people in 179 offices across 61 countries, the company consists of two business units: Digital Media & Communications and Device Solutions. Recognised as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit http://www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Mobile UK
- Samsung Mobile division manufactures and markets a wide range of mobile telecommunications products across pre-pay and post-pay markets, in both the consumer and business segments.
- Samsung mobile phones are divided into six major categories - Style, Infotainment, Multimedia, Connected, Essential and Business and is headed up by Vice President Mark Mitchinson.
- The Mobile division is part of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2006 parent company sales of US$63.4 billion and net income of US$8.5 billion.
- For more information, please visit http://www.samsungmobile.co.uk
For further information please contact Phones 4u internal press office: Chloe Farrow
Tel: 01782 677572 M: 07766 883388