Our fee structure leaves consumers with more money to put toward getting out of debt, which is what they should be doing, rather than paying high fees to a debt settlement firm
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) July 11, 2009
Michael Bovee, founder and president of Consumer Recovery Network (CRN), a national debt negotiation and settlement firm (http://www.consumerrecoverynetwork.com), is passionate about helping consumers resolve their debt problems. He is also determined to distance CRN from the criticism directed toward the settlement industry in general, mainly due to the high fees and unethical behavior of some industry members. Explains Bovee, "Consumers who are overwhelmed with debt have a number of options for resolving their debt problems, one of which is to work with a reputable debt settlement firm, like CRN -- a firm that charges fairly for its services, employs trained counselors to work with consumers, and that is truly committed to helping consumers get out of debt so they can pursue their financial goals. Reputable debt settlement firms also recognize that settlement is not right for everyone. For example, CRN's Debt Specialists are trained to identity consumers who should pursue some other debt management option."
Bovee's commitment to truly helping consumers get out of debt is reflected in many ways. For example:
- CRN offers consumers an innovative menu-based fee structure that allows them to only pay for the specific settlement services they want. For example, some consumers may pay CRN for education and coaching so they can settle their own debts; others may settle some debts themselves and ask CRN to handle others; and still other consumers (the majority of the company's clients) purchase the full range of CRN's debt settlement services.
- The fee CRN charges a consumer when it settles one of their debts is based on how much money the company has saved for the consumer, not on the amount of the debt before it was settled, which is how most settlement firms charge. "Our fee structure leaves consumers with more money to put toward getting out of debt, which is what they should be doing, rather than paying high fees to a debt settlement firm," comments Bovee. Also, consumers pay the debt they have settled before they pay CRN its settlement fee.
- In those states where the law prohibits CRN from taking a fee based on how much it's saved a consumer, the firm suggests that the consumer donate the amount that the consumer would have had to pay if that law did not exist to either the National Consumer Law Center (http://www.consumerlaw.org) or to a low income legal aid office in their area.
- Consumers who decide to work with CRN receive a 9-CD debt settlement audio series that clearly explains the settlement process from start to finish so that they will know what to expect.
- CRN clients work with the same Debt Settlement specialist throughout their settlement process. As the Testimonial section of CRN's web site reflects, many of these consumers establish close, trusting relationships with their Specialists during the months that they are working together.
CRN helps consumers protect their rights when they have too much debt, make sound financial decisions, and alleviate their economic stress by providing them with clear-cut debt settlement education and advice coupled with affordable full service debt negotiation and settlement services. (CRN does not settle student loans, car loans or mortgages.) Its consumer education, coaching, and full service debt negotiation and settlement services combined with its reasonable fees make CRN an industry innovator and leader, setting the standard for fairness, ethics and best practices in the debt settlement industry.