I created TOUCH for women who love sports as much as I do and want to be stylish, but still comfy, while cheering on their favorite team
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) July 9, 2009
Actress and fashion designer Alyssa Milano will visit Busch Stadium® this Sunday, July 12, to showcase her TOUCH clothing line and sign autographs as part of the 2009 Major League Baseball® (MLB) All-Star Game® festivities in St. Louis.
Delaware North Companies Sportservice, the official food, beverage and retail provider for the St. Louis Cardinals® and this year's All-Star Game, has developed a temporary boutique store in Section 505 of Busch Stadium® called "TOUCH by Alyssa Milano."
Fans who purchase a TOUCH item at the Official Cardinals Team Store at Busch Stadium between now and Sunday will be able to participate in the special autograph session with Milano between 3:30 and 4:30 p.m. CDT Sunday at the TOUCH by Alyssa Milano boutique (Section 505 at Busch Stadium).
Those eligible to participate in the autograph signing do not need a ticket to any of the Busch Stadium events that day, the Sunday prior to the July 14 All-Star Game. They should plan on arriving at Busch Stadium at 3:15 p.m. at the 405 South Broadway Sportservice entrance (entrance south of Gate 6). (A limited number of gift signings will be available. Also, please note, the autograph coupons will be given to customers at the time the merchandise is purchased.)
Milano, a celebrated actress best known for her roles on the hit television shows "Charmed" and "Who's The Boss," created the women's fashion line TOUCH by Alyssa Milano to give female fans a chic option for sporting their team's logo. Recognizing that Milano's line broke the mold of the male-audience-driven look, Sportservice partnered with MLB and G-III Sports to bring the TOUCH collection to Dodger Stadium®, Busch Stadium and other ballparks.
"I created TOUCH for women who love sports as much as I do and want to be stylish, but still comfy, while cheering on their favorite team," Milano said. "I've enjoyed working with Sportservice to bring the clothing line and accessories to baseball fans in St. Louis and around the country."
The TOUCH collection is also available year-round at Busch Stadium at the Official Cardinals Team Store, located between Gates 3 and 4. The store can be accessed from outside the ballpark by the general public and is open seven days a week from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
"Sportservice is proud of our strong relationship with Alyssa Milano and to offer TOUCH products," said Donna Genesky, Sportservice's corporate retail director. "The All-Star Game events are the perfect chance to further showcase this impressive collection of women's apparel, and we're thrilled Alyssa will be there."
In addition to the TOUCH by Alyssa Milano boutique store at Busch Stadium, Sportservice will provide fans with several other retail options for the All-Star Game and festivities:
- The Cardinals Team Store presented by Nike - Sportservice recently opened and is operating The Cardinals Team Store presented by Nike. The Ballpark Village store is a collaborative effort among Sportservice, the Cardinals, Nike and MLB. It features exclusive Nike and Major League Baseball-licensed apparel and baseball caps in celebration of the 2009 MLB All-Star Game. Sportservice will offer special autograph sessions at the store with baseball legends Ozzie Smith, Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Reggie Jackson, Tony Gwynn and others July 11 to 13.
- Majestic tents in Ballpark Village - At several Majestic brand tents in Ballpark Village, Sportservice will offer All-Star jerseys from both the American League and National League squads, as well as player name-and-number jerseys and T-shirts. Majestic is the official uniform of Major League Baseball.
- The Official Cardinals Team Store - Sportservice will showcase a head-to-toe selection of All-Star-Game apparel, along with merchandise ranging from home goods to special collectors-edition pennants, lapel pins, patches, baseballs and caps.
- The Authentic Store - At The Authentic Store, located near Section 505 of Busch Stadium, Sportservice will feature Cooperstown throwback collections from American Needle - Red Jacket, Twins 47 - Banner and Mitchell & Ness.
- Sportservice Retail Kiosks - Sportservice is setting up eight retail kiosks around the perimeter of Busch Stadium that will be accessible to fans without All-Star Game tickets.
More information about Sportservice's 2009 All-Star Game retail, food service and hospitality operations is available at http://media.delawarenorth.com/press_kits.cfm?presskit_id=56.
About Delaware North Companies Sportservice
Delaware North Companies Sportservice is one of the nation's leading food, beverage and retail management companies, providing concessions, gourmet catering and fine dining operations at more than 50 professional sporting venues, entertainment complexes and convention centers across the United States and Canada. Sportservice has served an impressive collection of sporting events and clients, including the World Series, the National Hockey League and Major League Baseball's All-Star Games, Stanley Cup Championships and the Olympic Games.
For more than 90 years, Sportservice has demonstrated that it knows what it takes to effectively develop, operate and manage multi-faceted kitchens, restaurants, suites, fine dining and retail facilities in order to meet the changing demands of today's fans. From introducing new healthy, organic food selections and creative cuisine for twists on the traditional fare, Sportservice continues to innovate and enhance the fan experience.
About Delaware North Companies
Delaware North Companies is one of the world's leading hospitality and food service providers. Its family of companies includes Delaware North Companies Parks & Resorts, Delaware North Companies Gaming & Entertainment, Delaware North Companies Travel Hospitality Services, Delaware North Companies Sportservice, Delaware North Companies International and Delaware North Companies Boston, owner of TD Banknorth Garden. Delaware North Companies is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States with revenues exceeding $2 billion annually and 50,000 associates serving half a billion customers in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. For more information, visit http://www.DelawareNorth.com.