London (PRWEB) July 16, 2009
Elite Recruitment Group, have been appointed in February 2009 to provide the winning Consortium of 2 major Metro projects in India, with sourcing and selection services. The recruitment agency is set to provide the consortium with international technical experts and managers to complement the team already in place. These projects represent more than 58 kilometres of metro lines for investment costs exceeding $3.7bn.
The Consortium will be responsible for the Project and Engineering Management of the Transport Systems (Rolling Stock, Permanent way/Track, Power, Signalling, Telecom, Fare collection and Depots) and its related infrastructures (viaducts, tunnels, stations and buildings).
The last modern metro system that has been built in India before these new projects was the Dehli Metro.
Overview of the Dehli Metro System:
The Delhi Metro is a rapid transit system in the Indian city of Delhi that was built and is operated by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited (DMRC).
The first section of the Delhi Metro was opened on December 24, 2002. It became the second underground rapid transit system in India, after Kolkata. The Delhi Metro has a combination of elevated, at-grade and underground lines.
The Delhi Metro has won numerous awards for its environmentally friendly practices from many renowned organisations including the United Nations, RINA, and ISO. Delhi Metro was the first metro in the world to be ISO 14001 certified for environmentally friendly construction.
Phase I of the network comprises 65.11 km of route length with 13.01 km underground corridor and 52.10 km surface/elevated corridor.
Phase II of the network comprises 128 km of route length and 79 stations, and is presently under construction, with the first section opened in June 2008 and a target completion date of 2010.
Phase III (112 km) and IV (108.5 km) are planned to be completed by 2015 and 2020 respectively, with the network spanning 413.8 km by then, making it larger than London's Underground (408 km) As the city expands beyond its city limits, there will be further extensions of the network in suburbs, because the northern outskirts of Delhi (Narela) and the suburbs beyond it (Kundli, Sonepat) and the south-eastern suburb of Greater Noida are currently left untouched in the Delhi Metro Masterplan 2021. Northern extensions would be provided by extending Yellow line (Line 2) northwards. Also plans have been mooted to construct a new line from Noida Sector-62 to Greater Noida which will intersect Indraprastha - Noida Sector-32 line (blue line) which is already under construction.
Routes under construction
Phase II consists of 127 km of new rail, of which the following sections are under construction. This phase has completion deadline of 2010. Overall progress of Phase-II has been 16% as of December, 2007.
Completed lines of Phase II are
- Shahdara - Dilshad Garden (3.1 km, Apr 2008)
- Vishwavidyalaya - Jahangirpuri (6.3 km, Feb 2009)
- Indraprastha - Yamuna Bank (2.1 km, May 2009)
This phase has a 2015 deadline. The following lines are tentatively planned:
1. Jahangirpuri - Badli (northern extension of Yellow Line) = 3.42 km
2. Mukundpur - Azadpur - Rajouri Garden - AIIMS - Sarai Kale Khan ISBT = 31 km
3. Central Secretariat - Mandi House - Daryaganj - Welcome - Gokulpuri - Nawada (Bahadurgarh) = 18 km
4. Rithala - Barwala (western extension of Line 1/Red Line) = 6 km
5. Dilshad Garden - Ghaziabad ISBT (eastern extension of Line 1/Red Line) = 9.5 km
6. Airport link - Sushant Lok (Gurgaon) = 16.5 km
7. Mundka - Delhi border - Bahadurgarh (western extension of Line 5) = 11 km
8. Badarpur - YMCA chowk, Faridabad (southern extension of Line 6) = 14 km
9. Sushant Lok (Gurgaon) - T-junction of Sectors 47 & 48, Gurgaon (southern extension of Line 2/Yellow Line) = 6.5 km
Jahangirpuri - Badli line may be implemented in Phase II
Total length = 112 km
This phase has a 2020 deadline. The following lines are tentatively planned:
- 1. Sarai Kale Khan ISBT - Anand Vihar - Dilshad Garden - Yamuna Vihar - Sonia Vihar = 22 km
- 2. Sarai Kale Khan ISBT - Nehru Place - Palam - Reola Khanpur = 28 km
- 3. Mukundpur - GTK By-Pass - Pitampura - Piragarhi - Janakpuri - Palam = 20 km
- 4. Barwala - Mundka - Najafgarh - Dwarka = 20 km
- 5. Ghazipur - Noida Sector 62 = 7 km
- 6. Dwarka Sector 21 - Iffco Chowk = 15 km
- 7. Ajronda (Faridabad) - Kheri (Faridabad) = 5.5 km
Total length = 108.5 km
Total length of all Phases = 413 km
Apart from these lines in Phases I-IV, additional lines are expected to be announced in near future, like northern extension of line 2 (yellow line) to Kundli (Sonepat) via Narela and a new line between Noida and Greater Noida.
Also, Ghaziabad Development Authority is planning to extend Delhi Metro lines further deep into Ghaziabad in 5 phases, like extension of Indraprastha - Anand Vihar - Vaishali (Ghaziabad) line from Vaishali to Mehrauli (Ghaziabad).